Subject: The russian stacking limit rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Schott
Germany
Franconia
flag msg tools
designer
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
badge
Please fondle my bum.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi
I must admit that I dont get the russians stacking limit.
Does it mean it is one higher at the beginning (i.e. 3)

or one higher then the russian tech throughout the game (so when they research a tech giving them stacking limit 3, it is 4. Or does it stay at 3, their starting limit)

And what is the white army token for? Simply an extra token? Or is it the only token that can be added to increase the limit. (i.e. the russian limit is 2 at the beginning pluy the white token only, and later, when they research, it is 3 plus the white token)?????

I dont get it.
Thanks for answers

Peter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Donoso
Brazil
RIBEIRÃO PRETO
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your stacking limit is plus one, so, it begins as 3.

The white flag just means that Russia can build one flag more then the others, it works as any regular flag, can be rebuilt as any other flag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Butler
United States
Fort Walton Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always played it as +1 throughout the entire game, so when the Stacking Limit is normally 4 (through researching a card that says Stacking Limit: 4), it is 5 for the Russians. It doesn't matter if the white unit is a part of that group or not.

White flag just means 1 additional army unit available to the Russians, that's all. Other rules are as normal for the unit, other than the white flag starts in the game, as explained by the previous poster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schott
Germany
Franconia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Please fondle my bum.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you
The wording of the German rules are strange.
It says:
The stacking limit starts at 3
For me that sounds as if it starts one higher, but is not one higher the entire game. (That should be worded like: "the russian stacking limit is one higher than normal")
If you are positively sure, I'm fine with that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Butler
United States
Fort Walton Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am absolutely sure, looked at the Russian card again and the English version does clearly say the stacking limit is increased by 1. Seems to me like a translation error most likely that leads to confusion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schott
Germany
Franconia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Please fondle my bum.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks again
I now kow how to play them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.