Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Print out this file:

Eclipse compact Technology Board

and laminate it and use an erasable marker to mark up which technologies are up for grabs. Great for the people stuck at the "wrong end" of a long table so they don't have to keep getting up to look at what's currently available.

I also thought about making a version that's split up into three separate rows, each with 5/5/5 4/4 3/3/3 boxes below each tech. Put a slash / in each box when a tech comes out of the bag, and cross each slash X as they're taken. That was you can also track which technologies are running out or not.

The / and X method is also amenable to "disposable" tracking sheets since you don't have to erase anything.

Thanks to my friend Andrew C for the inspiration - he had started putting spare cubes on a printout of the tech summary but I think this method might take less space and would be less prone to jostling.

-Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Etherton
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's what I whipped up. 150 dpi image, designed to be printed twice per page to make two of them. Based on the "small technology" board mentioned above.

-Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Purple Paladin

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We printed out the compact tech board; cut off the turn marker at the top; and mounted it on board (about as thick as the tiles).

Since it's now the identicle size as the one on the large board, we place it on top of that area. When someone wants to know what technologies are out, we, carefully, pass it to them, while the rest of the large board stays put and in tact.

Not sure if our way or the above would be easier. Guess it depends on how important it is to a player to know exactly what up for grabs. I'm lucky, I have a good memory for these things, so usually remember as they are picked from the bag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stu ma
Germany
HD
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Great Idea! The only thing bugging me is that you have to update it constantly. So standing up to look at the tech at the beginning of the turn seems easier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stu ma
Germany
HD
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just had an idea to easily solve the problem. Since we got the files for printing out an additional tech table, you simply put 6 sided Dice on the drawn techs adjusting them according to the number of techs. That way you have an overview on two sides of the table and that should be enough... Easy and fast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Etherton
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aselan wrote:
Just had an idea to easily solve the problem. Since we got the files for printing out an additional tech table, you simply put 6 sided Dice on the drawn techs adjusting them according to the number of techs. That way you have an overview on two sides of the table and that should be enough... Easy and fast.

That's more or less what my friend was doing -- but it takes up some table space while this method can be passed around to other players. Having somebody announce the tiles as they're drawn can eliminate the "stand up and look" issue but you do have to be diligent about recording people's purchases as well... so yeah, it's fiddly.

-Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim van Gruisen
Netherlands
Den Bosch
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
I created a board like Dave proposed, but visually a bit more appealing. You can find it in the Files section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.