Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin C.
United States
Bethlehem
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just read the rules and will probably be teaching this tomorrow, so I want to make sure I understand this point regarding the wind rose.

The wind rose starts the game in "limbo," correct? So the first turn will bring it to the cubes on the "1 pip" section? So, if no dice come up "1" in the first throw, nobody will have any AC. We all take punishment markers?

Thanks for any clarifications.

Kevin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Linneman
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you start with some cubes in the 1 and 2 slots. I would recommend re-reading the setup rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Spieles
United States
Vandalia
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Before the first round starts, you place 1 cube on the "1" spot on the windrose and 2 cubes of a single color on the "2" spot. The game is penalizing, but it's not that mean!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin C.
United States
Bethlehem
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick answer. You are right and I'm a bit abashed...I missed that.

I got Paris Connection, Lancaster and Macao from Coolstuff today and I'm trying to punch them out, organize them and read the rules quickly to figure out which would be best for play tomorrow with some friends coming over. My reading comprehension could use some work.

Thanks again,

Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played Lancaster and it was a blast. Good luck (I leave the rules reading to my wife)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EXTRA AVOCADO! Sonderegger
United States
Folsom
CA
flag msg tools
designer
Shall I compare thee to a chevrolet?
badge
...the headlamps of your eyes will make them dream.
mbmbmbmbmb
natsean wrote:
Thanks for the quick answer. You are right and I'm a bit abashed...I missed that.

I got Paris Connection, Lancaster and Macao from Coolstuff today and I'm trying to punch them out, organize them and read the rules quickly to figure out which would be best for play tomorrow with some friends coming over. My reading comprehension could use some work.

Thanks again,

Kevin

I love two of those games, and haven't played P. Connection yet. You sir, have good taste- however, Lancaster is a wee bit easier to play, but only if the explainer is supremely confident.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.