Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
quiet, not much content
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am becoming quite addicted to this little game. When I play I have all sorts of questions come up, but then I forget them when I post. I should play in front of the computer I guess.

When counting the aging cards for scoring at the end do you count the ones you managed to discard?

I finally managed to win - twice. Before that I couldn't even get to the pirates.

Nope, can't remember the rest of my questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Friedemann Friese
Germany
Bremen
Bremen
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
deborahjeanne wrote:

When counting the aging cards for scoring at the end do you count the ones you managed to discard?

For your score you count only the aging cards still in your deck (discard and draw pile); not the destroyed ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart de Vos
Netherlands
Groningen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aaxiom wrote:
friedemann wrote:
deborahjeanne wrote:

For your score you count only the aging cards still in your deck (discard and draw pile); not the destroyed ones.

Friedemann, do you still count aging cards you choose to destroy during your encounter with the pirates at the end? How are those cards considered?

Thanks in advance for any help on this related question. (Fine game, incidentally!!!)

You count the score at the end of the game after you won against both pirate cards or when you've lost before that.
Only at that moment do you look at all the cards in your deck (including discard pile).
Destroyed aging cards (and other point-cards for that matter), even those during the pirate encounters, do not count towards your score.

So, often when fighting pirates and having destroy cards on the table, I hope to draw my aging cards, so I can destroy them and increase my score in doing so.

Hope this answers your question
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Binning
United States
Rollinsville
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
deborahjeanne wrote:
I am becoming quite addicted to this little game. When I play I have all sorts of questions come up, but then I forget them when I post. I should play in front of the computer I guess.

Whenever I'm learning a new game, I always have a sheet of paper and a pen nearby, so I can make notes about questions I have as I go. Often, many of those questions will be clear by the time I've read the entire rulebook and started playing. Any questions still remaining I bring here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.