jan w
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hi all!

i'll be visiting the US of A some time in february and i want to bring back some goodies. more specifically: a lot of us published boardgames are cheaper in the us (duh), sometimes a LOT cheaper than when i can get them here. So I'm making a list of potential buys and I'd like to hear some recommendations from you guys.

Obviously there's loads, so I'll narrow it down a little:

- Small games first please. I'll have limited luggage so...
- Priority goes out to 2 player games
- Priority to cardgames with unique card effects (innovation, deckbuilders, lcg-like games, san juan,...)

So here's my list so far:
Summoner Wars
Yomi decks ?
Ninjato
Elder Sign
Rune Age
Lords of Schotland

Feel free to add anything, but if any specifics come to mind that fit the criteria above, all the better! Especially if you have a favorite uncommon game, i'd very much like to hear it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweetgotham
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I saw pale kings and princes too, Pale warriors, death-pale were they all; They cried—‘La Belle Dame sans Merci Hath thee in thrall!’
mbmbmbmbmb
Really enjoying Ninjato; haven't played with 2 player's yet but it reminds me a lot of Stone Age which I happen to like better with 2 players.

ETA: it is also in the same size box as Stone Age, so not really 'small'.

Look into games by Z-Man Games like Parade
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Sentinels of the Multiverse
Eaten by Zombies!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
Warning on Summoner Wars. It comes in a huge box. I actually have my brother-in-law's copy now because he couldn't fit it into his luggage for his flight back (I was driving....whistle).

Edited: Or at least the box set he got did....there might be smaller packs...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jan w
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also quite enjoy Stone Age with 2, but don't find it particularly mindblowing. But I guess I'll get some extra peeps for a round of Ninjato.

Big big fan of Z-Man's card games! That's what got me looking into Lords of Schotland. I own and enjoy Onirim, Tien Zi Que, Court of the Medici, and have yet to try (but do own) Chronicle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jan w
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
she2 wrote:
Warning on Summoner Wars. It comes in a huge box. I actually have my brother-in-law's copy now because he couldn't fit it into his luggage for his flight back (I was driving....whistle).

I guess you're probably talking about the Master Set? The standard starter boxes that I've seen are relatively compact boxes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
kronik wrote:
she2 wrote:

I guess you're probably talking about the Master Set? The standard starter boxes that I've seen are relatively compact boxes.

Yeah, you'll be fine. He got the Master Set and I think he forgot it would come in a large box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Imp Rovius
United States
Fairport
New York
flag msg tools
mb
+1 Sentinels of the Multiverse

GOSU would be good, but it's from Moonster Games, a French company. So I'm not sure if it would be cheaper over here.

Chaos Isle: Zombi Deck

Space Hulk: Death Angel – The Card Game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Hall
United Kingdom
Yate
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Omen: A Reign of War or any of the other Small Box Games would seem like a possibility.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.