7 Posts

Sergeants Miniatures Game: Day of Days» Forums » General

Subject: How many packs needed? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zoltan Grose
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I were to purchase the base game, the expansion, the Luftlande Squad and the Paratrooper squad, would I have enough figures to play all the scenarios?

If I got one of every pack, would that be too many figures for any given scenario?

I'd like to avoid buying and waiting for shipment only to realize I need to buy something else and waiting some more, but I don't want to fill my shelves with figures if I'll only ever use half of them at a time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not played anything other than the first scenario of Day of Days and one each of the weapon and leader packs and it looks to me like I have more than I will need for a long while. The various weapon packs include 1 of the 'weaponed' soldiers and three riflemen. Both Day of Days and Carentan include three riflemen for each side, so you can field a 12 man squad with Day of Days, Carentan and one weapon pack for each side and still not need to build a shelf for the game (the figures do not take up much room).

One of the strengths of the game, imo, is that the maps have the terrain printed on them, so no need to cart around extra scenery. "Miniatures purists" would probably disagree with my opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoltan Grose
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll probably grab some 3D terrain at some point because that's part of the fun but ya, having it be optional is nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Koch
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you get Road to Carentan you will want more soliders to play on the larger maps. I started with Day of Days, Road to Carentan, and 2 Leaders. These 5 soldiers per side are good enough to play Dod, but not enough for RtC. I am planning on adding 10 more soldiers (1xLeader+4 Troops for each side). I am looking at the Luftlande troops with Panzerfaust and the PIR with the Rifle Grenades as both of these have specific equipment cards in RtC.

With 10 per side I will have some decent choices (especially w/ DoD scenarios), but I will be adding an MG team at some time... just not yet...

-Rob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rex Gator
United States
Apopka
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
I have not played anything other than the first scenario of Day of Days and one each of the weapon and leader packs and it looks to me like I have more than I will need for a long while. The various weapon packs include 1 of the 'weaponed' soldiers and three riflemen. Both Day of Days and Carentan include three riflemen for each side, so you can field a 12 man squad with Day of Days, Carentan and one weapon pack for each side and still not need to build a shelf for the game (the figures do not take up much room).

One of the strengths of the game, imo, is that the maps have the terrain printed on them, so no need to cart around extra scenery. "Miniatures purists" would probably disagree with my opinion.

I do not believe Carentan comes with any soldiers.

For OP, I think your planned purchase should give you enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Barton
United States
Atlanta
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I might add one more leader per side but you're on the right track.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoltan Grose
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alrighty, I went all in with the squads and the assault teams.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.