Popular Tags: [View All]
Emil Vincent Alonzo
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ju5tin wrote:
I'll paint the picture for you.
Claw Tribe Barbarian uses her potion and gains "Fury's Blood". During the Consul's turn they attack with Rex; he has a reach of two and therefor doesn't need to be right up close and friendly.
They both roll for attack and armor damage, Barbarian wins. Now since Rex isn't up close and right next to her does he take damage? Just wondering what the General consensus would be. Then maybe would it work for ranged attackers too?
Thank you for your time.

The way the text is worded, my group plays it that ANY attack made where the defense is higher than the attack would cause a wound... attributing the ability more as a "feedback" kind of effect.

I know there are arguments about how "thematically" that doesnt make sense in the case of things like "Fury Blood" but for the sake of simplification its easier to say all attacks vs. arguing which ones do or dont count for triggering the effect. We feel like the ability is there on a base level to make attackers more hesitant to attack, so debating the specifics of the different attacks takes away from its core use.

There is at least one thread on the forums though where people offer an alternative ruling that it should only be triggered by ATT and things like magic attacks dont count, but I think though in that case you could still argue that "Range" attacks could still count (or argue it doesnt actually too).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.