Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kenneth Lewandowski
United States
St. Charles
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any rule that prohibits a player from taking two of the same People resourse Trajan Tiles? (ie.. two bread etc.)? There is no space for them on the board and I would assume this should be a rule.
I guess the main reason to take two is to deny them to other players...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything
mbmbmbmbmb
There is nothing in the rules that prevents taking multiple demand Trajan tiles. My assumption has been that you can and you would just stack them on top of each other, but that it is a bad play so it doesn't matter anyway.

There certainly could be situations where this would make a little bit of sense such as when two of the same demand show up and you realize you can take the Trajan tile and accomplish it before the end of the quarter. Even in this situation it is only worth 5 or 6 points to you and all of the other Trajan tiles are usually worth more than that.

If you do take it you might (or maybe not) hurt one other player, but you'd lose ground on the other players, whereas just scoring more points is a gain vs. all the other players for sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are also yellow bonus tiles that score 9VP for specific People demand tiles. So you may want to take one more of these tiles and keep it to score at game end.

You can certainly stack similar tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GeoMan wrote:
There are also yellow bonus tiles that score 9VP for specific People demand tiles. So you may want to take one more of these tiles and keep it to score at game end.

But those only score once, so taking the second one doesn't gain you points. But it might prevent an opponent from scoring it as well, if more than one of the bonus tile exists (I haven't checked inventory to see if that's true or not).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adina
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
The rules state that the 9vp are for demand tiles only, not Trajan resource tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jbrier
United States
Aventura
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My group felt that these were by far the best Trajan tiles, particularly if you get them early. Perhaps it was because 3 out of the 4 quarters we had an even distribution of demands, which made each individual one useful very often. Even if a particular demand only happens 2 out of 4 quarters, that's netting you quite a few points. I feel like in the first quarter these are definitely the best tiles, with their value still strong in the second quarter. Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasvik -
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
verandi wrote:
My group felt that these were by far the best Trajan tiles, particularly if you get them early. Perhaps it was because 3 out of the 4 quarters we had an even distribution of demands, which made each individual one useful very often. Even if a particular demand only happens 2 out of 4 quarters, that's netting you quite a few points. I feel like in the first quarter these are definitely the best tiles, with their value still strong in the second quarter. Thoughts?

Same in my group: In the first quarter people-demand-trajan-tiles were (and still are) often picked up. Its true that they will be very likely worth more than only one time 5 to 6 points (depending on the distribution of people demands). And there is one more advantage: you might save turns to pick up one-use-tiles in the forum or via military-action to fulfill your peoples demand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Eric Reuss
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
apelusio wrote:
The rules state that the 9vp are for demand tiles only, not Trajan resource tiles.

Though, you can use the Trajan tiles to "guard" a demand tile (ensure you don't have to use it up), so they might perhaps be of some use in getting those 9 VP, even though they won't grant it directly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Trabert
Germany
Düsseldorf (34 km south of Essen)
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is worth noting that the value of the different trajan-tiles changes drastically in the course of the game. At the beginng, the demand-tiles and the +2-marker-tiles are very strong, but become almost useless towards the end of the game, when I would prefer the 9 VP-tiles. Another factor which can determine your choice of trajan-tiles is the fact that some show the same color twice, a condition which is much harder to fulfill. If you have a reasonable alternative, you should pick up a tile showing two different colors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.