Subject: BGG standing something wrong? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fabrizio d'Ottavio
Italy
Villaricca(Napoli)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't understand something Agricola has got an average vote of 8.25 ,Puerto Rico has got 8.26 and Puerto rico has even about 4 thousands more voters than Agricola but Agricola is 2nd as Geek vote with 8.167 while Puerto Rico is only 4th with 8.165.
Why?Do you count even the year of publication in Geek vote calculations?

Twilight Struggle(2005)

Agricola(2007)

Through the Ages: A Story of Civilization(2006)

Puerto Rico(2002)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Det var bara en hake...
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmbmbmb
Note that geek rating and average rating are not the same thing. Geek rating is calculated from the average vote, vote count and vote distribution using dummy votes, special formulas and sacrificed puppies.

Agricola's current rank surprises me a little, though: I thought only a few days ago it was #4. Maybe there was a secret operation carried out by Agricola fans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Re: BGG standing on something wrongry one day in Siberia?
While 'moi' Rating remains the SAME? Year-in & Year-out?!? "You can't explain THAT except 4!" surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.