Matt Evans
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Board Game Replay
badge
Check out our series at youtube.com/boardgamereplay
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright, I've done it. I've got all 3 games and all their components (including sleeved cards) stored comfortably in a single container. I spent about 3 hours last night using a similar solution to Victor. I found that huge Plano Angled Storage System at Wal-Mart. It was about $40 but included all the Plano boxes needed. Follow the pictures below...

Outside of the box.

Top of the box lid open. Contains all dungeon tiles from Ravenloft (middle), Ashardalon (right), and Drizzt (left) as well as all the boss miniatures and long boss reference sheets. Behind the small spacer is a deck box containing all the sleeved encounter, treasure and adventure cards for each game (Drizzt has 2 boxes for the normal / advanced decks).

Front lid pulled open. First, all the rule books and adventure guides are slid between the top and middle boxes. Next there's 3 large Plano boxes, each containing all the miniatures for each game. In additional, those boxes contain all the sleeved monster and hero cards for each game as well as the cardboard reference sheets.

Ravenloft

Ashardalon

Drizzt

Next we open the side panels where 2 additional Plano boxes are stored.

One box contains the standard pieces used in most every game / scenario. The other box contains more scenario specific pieces for each game. There's actually enough room in the right box to store all of the cavern edge tiles as well...but I choose to store them elsewhere.

This is where I stored all the cavern edge tiles. There's plenty of room so it just made sense.

So there you have it! All 3 games stored comfortably and accessibly. The main idea wasn't to necessarily make all the games portable (it actually is...but it's just kind of heavy). The main idea was finding a way to store these massive games so set up doesn't take longer than the scenarios themselves! I've already used it to set up a mock game and it was very quick. I highly recommend using this if you're a nerd that loves organized games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Haver
United States
Upper Arlington
Ohio
flag msg tools
www.theCOGS.org
badge
www.theCOGS.org
mbmbmbmbmb
All that's left is painting the box like an old treasure chest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Evans
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Board Game Replay
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cashtool wrote:
All that's left is painting the box like an old treasure chest.

Haha, great idea! I'm on it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Vanderzee
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome...until they release a 4th game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Good intentions are no substitute for a good education.
badge
I take my fun very seriously.
mbmbmbmbmb
Chrisv5323 wrote:
Awesome...until they release a 4th game...

Will they? I mean, I have the first two, but if LoD is the last one, I will buy that one too. If more are coming, I am stopping right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzych Kowalczyk
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Peter Lee has repeatedly stated that he would love to do another one or three of the D&D Adventure System games. The final decision is still up to the overlords at WoTC.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mifsud
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, just ordered one!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What model# did you end up buying for this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Evans
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Board Game Replay
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's called the Plano Angled Storage System 732.

If you go into the fishing section of Wal-mart you can't miss it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome - thanks. Checked online and turns out the one I went to doesn't have it in stock, but zeroed right in on it. I appreciate you replying to such an old thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary Pickel

Dubuque
Iowa
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the best solution I've seen for storing sets. I managed to fit two D&DAS games plus four Dungeon Command games into one of these, so it will make everything much easier to get to table. Now I just need to print some cards to use adventure system mines with Dungeon Command.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.