Catch the Mice» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules clarifications rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Zoss

Texas
msg tools
mb
I just played Catch the Mice for the first time and had a few minor rules questions:

1) White/Wild Dice Face
If you roll a white and another color (e.g. blue), are you forced to count that as a double-color, or are you allowed to choose a different (higher-valued) color, if you want? Many times, I'd rather use the wild to choose a 5-point mouse rather than an extra 1-point mouse. The rules seem vague/contradictory on this point.

2) Doubles-steal
If you roll 2 of the same color (or 1 color + 1 wild), are you allowed to steal both matching-colored mice from the same player, or can you only steal 1? The rules seem to indicate that you can steal 2 mice from one player, if they have that many on their board.

It's a fun-enough light game, as long as you have the right expectations. Don't expect anything too strategic, but we had a fun time with our first few plays. We managed to get in 3-4 games in a row before we started feeling ready for something different. It plays really fast!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Hyena
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say "may" for using a wild as doubles. I believe that indicates that you can choose two have the wild be a separate color OR a double; whichever suits you best. The rules for doubles just state you can take the mice from the center or other players, so you could take both from other players if you wanted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.