Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Lovell
United States
Edgewood
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When EXACTLY do you draw a new mission card? Is it as soon as you complete a mission? I had a game today where I was at 7 VP, and I drew a 1 VP Condition I had already accomplished, and then drew a 2 VP condition I had already accomplished. A win, but it didn't feel like much of one...

If two ships start their turn on Black Hole, and make a coop Engines test, do they both get to move out?

The rules say their must be a habitable planet for installations, but there is a single Location that is a Nebula, says it is Habitable, and gives -1 Required Control Tokens. Is this the exception?

Lastly, on Command cards that allow a ship to take an extra action, do you actually get another action to use? EG, in a 3 action game, can you take a 4th? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Hook
United States
Lenexa
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You draw a new mission card once you complete a mission, but every new mission card must be achieved on its own, so it is impossible to draw a mission card that you have already completed. So it is possible that you will have to perform that same or similar missions more than once.

I believe the answer to your Black Hole question is "Yes". If you have more than one ship in the Black Hole location, you may declare that you are moving those ships as a Task Force. You may then combine their engines values, add a command card, and then roll a die.

"Yes". Normally each ship is limited to only a single action, but if you have a command card that allows a ship to take another action, then that ship gets a second action.

But, I've only read the rules and watched all of the videos I can on the game. I've yet to actually get it to the table. I'm going to try out some solo game rules I found here, and I finally get to play a real game with friends on Sunday. So hopefully I was able to answer your questions correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Lovell
United States
Edgewood
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JonHook wrote:
You draw a new mission card once you complete a mission, but every new mission card must be achieved on its own, so it is impossible to draw a mission card that you have already completed. So it is possible that you will have to perform that same or similar missions more than once.

I know that if you draw a Condition mission which you currently have satisfied (eg, "Condition: Your ships have explored 6 adjacent Locations.") you earn it immediately.

JonHook wrote:
"Yes". Normally each ship is limited to only a single action, but if you have a command card that allows a ship to take another action, then that ship gets a second action.

Sorry, not what I asked. I know each ship only gets a single action, but there is also a 3 action limit. I want to know if those cards allow you to take a 4th action, or if you still are limited to 3 but can give 2 to a single ship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snappy Dan
United States
Wesley Chapel
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tehgr8supa wrote:
Sorry, not what I asked. I know each ship only gets a single action, but there is also a 3 action limit. I want to know if those cards allow you to take a 4th action, or if you still are limited to 3 but can give 2 to a single ship.

The latter. Asked and answered here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ilias Sellountos
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also,

tehgr8supa wrote:
The rules say their must be a habitable planet for installations, but there is a single Location that is a Nebula, says it is Habitable, and gives -1 Required Control Tokens. Is this the exception?

Probably a rule that needs minor errata from "habitable planet" to "habitable location".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.