Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Gjertsen
United States
Trent Woods
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only made it through the rules for the first two scenarios, but it occurred to me today that if a player with a mag card opens a room through a locked sliding door (such as in the prison break scenario) and intends to free another player within, someone will eventually have to break the door, as it will close after the movement action of the character who opened it.

They could of course enter the room and pass off the card, but I don't see how they both wind up outside the room without breaking the door. Is that right? Doesn't seem logical that the player with the card can't hold it open for the other. Unless you can interrupt someone on your own team?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Foldenauer
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a hint specifically noted in the rulebook that illustrates how to pass a card swipe. It's clunky, but exploits that the door does not shut again until the end of a character's activation round and two characters can freely swap items when one passes through another. If one character is standing at the door, it's pretty easy to have the other character come out first and leave the swipe with the character standing at the door. Even if that's not the case, it can be done with excessive movement on a given activation since the door won't slide shut until that character ends his activation round.

Alternatively, there is the merged order, but that rule isn't activated until scenario... 9? I think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Van den Broeck
Belgium
Zwijndrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The hint is noted in the scenario book for scenario 5.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
another hint related to one mag.card and more characters passing a sliding door is using 'combined orders'..
(ehm,sry for being OT..guess it's good to be aware of that option..can save one's azz:))

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.