Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chad Lawrence
United States
Lewisville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm confused about when you bank a tile. If you lay a tile on a word, and there are no other tiles, that's nabbing it and you bank a tile. But what if one person has already nabbed that word with one tile, so your additional tile doesn't actually nab it, since if the game were to end you would have one tile at that level and your opponent would have one tile at that level. And then what if later you played a second tile on that word, would you then get to bank a tile?

The rules for these different scenarios is unclear. I think it may be easier just to play without the whole banking thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Glenn
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
I agree that the rules on "nabbing" a tile are unclear.

This is the way we chose to play it. You nab when:

1. You play a tile that is the highest tile in the word.
2. That word was not yours before the turn began.

In other words, you do NOT nab if the word belonged to multiple players, and one of those players was you.

Remember, you can only "score" one nab per turn, so if this happens on any word during your play, you can nab.

At least this is how we interpreted it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.