Don Brandt
United States
Manchester
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When building the blip piles when a new location is uncovered....if I run out of genestealers at this very time, I'm suppose to add what I can evenly to the two piles? The instructions also say in another area that the genestealers are reshuffled when needed? So, do you restock the draw pile for the blip piles only after the blip piles are restocked as much as they can be, and only after that do you reshuffle the pile and not add the remaining that would be needed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If there are not enough genestealer cards to fill up the 2 blip tiles when you travel, reshuffle all the discarded genestealers and fill the blip tiles to the required number.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Brandt
United States
Manchester
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens when you run out of genestealer cards from the one main supply pile when your building two new blip piles required for a new location? Also, if there aren't enough cards to build the new blip piles from the main pile (say during location 3 or so), then what? Do you reshuffle the discard pile of genestealers and continue to supply the blip piles to the designated number (but first evenly distributing the genestealers that were avaialble before running out)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you are correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Ouimet
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
See page 30 - Component Limitations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara Bear
United States
Centerville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What about, well, I read that last night, and it said when creating new blip piles (maybe it didn't say new? I'm paraphrasing) and there weren't enough GS's in the discard and deck pile, to shuffle to make enough.

Now, I had to do this when I entered the final room, so I shuffled 'em all and put enough for each side of the last location. It was the Toxic pump room thing, and after some fights, and some activations (only one per round) of the control panel (which got rid of nice numbers of cards from the blip piles each activation) I ended up with empty blip piles after partly fulfilling the next event card. So at the end of this turn/round, I drew one more event card for the end of the turn, and it said to add two GS's to each blip pile; I did NOT, because I interpreted the component run out rules to mean that you only shuffle the gs discard/deck for new GS's when creating blip piles upon entering a room . . . is this right or wrong? Sorry to take so long explaining this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sarebear62 wrote:
I did NOT, because I interpreted the component run out rules to mean that you only shuffle the gs discard/deck for new GS's when creating blip piles upon entering a room . . . is this right or wrong? Sorry to take so long explaining this.

I think for The Swarm you would shuffle the discards to add the blips. I don't think there's anything in the rulebook that specifically restricts it to when moving on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.