Subject: Bonus Card Types rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Er
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
does anyone know the difference in the card types for the Bonus Cards ?

i'm a bit confused especially with the Free Action Bonus Cards and the Standard Bonus Cards

my understanding is as follows

1) One Time Use Bonus Cards - once used, they remain face down on the player board. may not be replaced by another card. card is used as timing described on the card

2) Free Action Bonus Cards - permanent benefit that may be used throughout the game. when purchased, may also take the action of the card for free immediately

3) Standard Bonus Cards - also permanent benefit that may be used throughout the game ??? when purchased, no free action may be taken

is my definition of the Standard Bonus Card correct ?
because if so, then the "Big Shopping Bag" bonus card seems very handy / overpowered ? its not expensive, and if the ability is permanent, it saves the player an action each round each season. which when bought early results in maybe 10-12 free actions ?

and its also a Bonus 1 card which means it comes out early in the game ( either first or second season )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Wong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played this game once so not sure whether my opinion is correct.
In our 3 player game, every single player finished with at least 7 dishes, with 8 being maximum allowed.
The benefit offered by the 'big bag' makes you 1. save 1 action for buying ingredients, and thus 2. you can make dishes require more ingredients, theoretically. However, you need the correct ingredient, not just amount. And many a time the available ingredients are not that you want. That's why I think the 'rubbish cat' is even more powerful:p
Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Er
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
Lubi123 wrote:
I've played this game once so not sure whether my opinion is correct.
In our 3 player game, every single player finished with at least 7 dishes, with 8 being maximum allowed.
The benefit offered by the 'big bag' makes you 1. save 1 action for buying ingredients, and thus 2. you can make dishes require more ingredients, theoretically. However, you need the correct ingredient, not just amount. And many a time the available ingredients are not that you want. That's why I think the 'rubbish cat' is even more powerful
Hope that helps!

hi Marco

many thanks for the reply, glad to know that it isnt all that overpowered. i hope to be able to table the game soon

did it go down well with your group ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Federico Dumas
Italy
flag msg tools
Hello,

I'm Federico from Red Glove (the fourth VIP in the game )

Yeah cards work as you described.

Many cards are really powerful, one of these is the shopping bag (but there're many others, the cat, the chef hat, the professional kitchen etc.).

But, about the shopping bag, remember:
1) You can't discard tiles if you buy two ingredients. So, ingredients have to be on the board. If they're not on the board, you'll lose the possibility to use the shopping bag. So you'll not use it every round in the game.
2) There're a maximum of 8 dishes. You get free actions (true) but you can't build more than 8 dishes. So, probably, you'll get shopping bag if your strategy is to make recipes with more than one ingredient, but it will not pay out everytime.
3) I, as a publisher, have more than 80 "games" at Ristorante Italia. I won something like 75% of the games I played. I never used Shopping Bag in my games

So, I think it's not so powerful. I prefer the cat: 4 actions in which I don't pay the cost of the ingredient (it's even better if you run for fish-menu). But I win also without the cat... so...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Wong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We played with the advanced rules with all the optional rules, but the game still feels somewhat too easy for gamers and the decisions too few. Most of the decisions only occur in last 2-3 turns in which the players try to put a full menu.
I won the game with the following cards: 'rubbish cat' (getting truffles for me!), butcher (no use at all), president's photo (tiebreaker, quite powerful) and ? modern kitchen which gives me 3 MSGs (what can enhance taste better than MSGs?).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.