Popular Tags: [View All]
Airborne XO
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could identify the fonts used by FFP for certain game cards as I have an interest in making some additional danger cards and some additional enemies (I am thinking of making 2 more vile organisations - a Asian Mystical Sect and a USSR Cheka-style group).

Cheers, Hal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Howard
United States
Marina del Rey
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, this is probably way too late... but if you're still curious, the fonts used throughout this game are "Berylium" for most all of the text, and "JI-Peeved" for Danger names and Keywords. "Adventure" is used for titles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mate, how do you work this out?
Great skills BTW...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Howard
United States
Marina del Rey
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One easy trick can help find a good chunk of the fonts on most boardgames...

Download the official PDF of the rulebook. Go to File -> Properties, then click on the Fonts tab. It will list the fonts that are used in the PDF. More often than not, the fonts used in the rulebook are also used for the pieces/cards in the game.

This isn't by any means foolproof... some won't match up quite right, and sometimes it's not listed at all. But it at least gets your foot through the door.

By the way, ND, I saw that you created some sweet custom danger cards already, and they're pretty damn close to the real thing! I'm currently wondering if it'd be worth it to delve into the card template scene with this game. Any thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GeckoTH wrote:
Any thoughts?

Get in! And start with the Dangers deck please... whistle

TBH there's tons of replayability in the included cards except for the Dangers I reckon. Though I'm sure other BGGers will be looking to mod the hell out of FANG and be very appreciative of your "very particular set of skills", as Liam Neeson would say.

Thanks for the info mate. Actually, now you mention it I distantly recall that that's how I discovered Mentor Sans Std for the D&D games. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sly
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, I started on Danger Card templates way back last fall and lost some momentum when I couldn't find the exact fonts for every text block, I'm a bit anal when it comes to that kinda thing. Maybe I'll dig up that old file and finish it up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JRSly wrote:
Man, I started on Danger Card templates way back last fall and lost some momentum when I couldn't find the exact fonts for every text block, I'm a bit anal when it comes to that kinda thing. Maybe I'll dig up that old file and finish it up.

If you can wait Tom has a Danger template PSD on the way which beats the crap out of mine and includes all the official fonts. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Airborne XO
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Any idea if Tom has done this yet? I have some great dangers thought out!

Cheers, Hal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Howard
United States
Marina del Rey
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup! 3rd on the list in the Files Section:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/77231/danger-card-temp...

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Airborne XO
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Tom, I just PM'd you as I am struggling with the psd file :(

Cheers, Hal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.