Popular Tags: [View All]
Teik Chooi Oh
United Kingdom
Chorley
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since publishers had provisional plans for stackable mini in which target we were well short of, would it be possible for a separate kickstarter project for those interested to pay for stackable mini?

Just a thought to consider. I would pay $10 or more if it was possible. If every copy of the game did this, we would have over $3000 at least.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Ralya
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Engine Publishing (enginepublishing.com)
badge
The Forgotten Bananas
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a clever idea. Count me as curious about whether it's viable, and interested if the price point is right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric A Martin
United States
St Petersburg
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Help us get Ship Miniatures on Kickstarter! Deadline Feb 10th
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will look into this, it could also give us a chance to release the commanders handbook content as well.

Kickstarter definitely allows projects to fund in stages, but I'm curious about the general feelings of the community and more particularly our kickstarters that have already signed up.

Let me know what you think. Would extending the same kickstarter rewards to a new group of backers in order to reach an over funding goal be received well? Considering also that both groups of backers benefited from the enhancements?

Your thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teik Chooi Oh
United Kingdom
Chorley
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply Eric! Well, I would personally have no problem with another kickstarter sharing rewards, especially if it gets us to higher rewards ie stackable mini! I would think most of us would not be 'snobbish' in wanting to have kickstarter exclusives but we are gamers, ie we want the best possible for this game & stackable mini would make it even better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerrit Geens
Belgium
Langdorp
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
genericm wrote:
... I'm curious about the general feelings of the community and more particularly our kickstarters that have already signed up.

Of course I can only speak for myself but I'd be surprised if that were a problem. I helped fund (part of group order) the project because I really liked what I saw. If there would have been no overfunding goals I would have funded Exile Sun just as well. That being said the overfunding goals were really nice so I'd love it if they were given a 2nd chance. In particular Ryan's prologue really put me 'in' the game universe and made me want to learn more about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric A Martin
United States
St Petersburg
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The separate kickstarter campaign to fund the Plastic Miniatures has just launched!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gameknightgames/exile-su...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
genericm wrote:
The separate kickstarter campaign to fund the Plastic Miniatures has just launched!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gameknightgames/exile-su...

I feel like I'm missing something but . . . the new campaign doesn't seem to offer a reward level to order the plastic minis. No? Basically, if the campaign hits or exceeds $7k then everyone gets the minis?

Buh? I mean, that's cool and all but . . . buh?

Also, what's the special component at the $80.00 level?

Me confused.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric A Martin
United States
St Petersburg
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Its not really cost effective to create the miniatures for a limited few who would order them additionally. Its pretty much an all or nothing deal at this point.

So the goal of the campaign is low to ensure that any new backers have chance to get a copy of the game, and we have another chance to make up the 7k we needed in the original campaign to upgrade the components to the miniatures.

It takes about 4k just to make the molds for the plastics, and then there is a charge for each molded set.

regarding the "Signed and Numbered Art" at $80, it offers a duplicate Colony Card signed and numbered by Eric J Carter with your copy of the game, so that players can choose to keep their signed component out of general play. This reward was available in the original campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teik Chooi Oh
United Kingdom
Chorley
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for giving those who missed out a chance to buy. Perhaps a BGG promo/contect or something to re-generate the publicity required & push this game to target to get minis?

As a supporter who has already ordered, not sure how else to pay more to get minis than the $10 pledge to help?

Good luck & thanks for listening
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher B
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chooi wrote:

As a supporter who has already ordered, not sure how else to pay more to get minis than the $10 pledge to help?

You can select the 10$ reward level and pay as much as you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shinners
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Quick question - the funding level is set at $1000, but the additional minis are being included if the total hits $7000 - so as of now (since it's over $1000), this is essentially a chance to get in on the Kickstarter that already lapsed guaranteed, plus a shot at the extra minis if the funding hits $7k, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hank Panethiere
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MattShinners wrote:
Quick question - the funding level is set at $1000, but the additional minis are being included if the total hits $7000 - so as of now (since it's over $1000), this is essentially a chance to get in on the Kickstarter that already lapsed guaranteed, plus a shot at the extra minis if the funding hits $7k, right?

That is how I understand it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Robert
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Over halfway there and 12 days left!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher B
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The problem is: It is already hard enough to wait for this great game WITHOUT the minis...

Hope this gets funded. It is amazing to see, that after the first campaign there are still many people who want to buy the game.
And also awesome that nearly 50 people backed at the "loyal supporter" level.
Could be more though

So go and earn yourself some minis!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher B
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes! 7046 reached!
woot minis yeah!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teik Chooi Oh
United Kingdom
Chorley
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
countcb wrote:
Yes! 7046 reached!
woot minis yeah!

YAY! Am delighted this 2nd Kickstarter has happened and has now been successful. Thank you for listening Eric!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.