Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Murray
United States
Moorpark
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Had our first game last night... halfway through we discovered some major screw ups and rebooted into a 2nd game.

The English rulebook is horrible...but in the end our group decided the game was still pretty good.

My question is regarding the differences between Companies and Armies. So if I understand right:

A company consists of one card and one army dude mini on the board...no more no less? Can this guy move all on his lonesome?

A army consists of one to 5 company cards along with a Captain? The benefit to doing this is the more firepower in a battle and the ability to immediately remove domain markers in the hex they stop in?

Are the company cards in each Troop slot on your board visible to all players? We played it this way and found that it made the battles VERY predictable. You knew before you moved your army to attack if you were going to win or not since we usually never had more than a Captain and 2 cards in a stack. The cost of maintaining more made it not worth it.

Territories are won and lost constantly which makes for a fast paced game but makes predicting what you can afford to sustain in an army difficult at best.

Thanks in advance for answers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Bennett
United States
Newton
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
Why did the painter paint the wall for free? Because it was on the house.
mbmbmbmbmb
Q: A company consists of one card and one army dude mini on the board...no more no less? Can this guy move all on his lonesome?

A: Yes. Note this info can be found on p. 8 of the rules, the former is discussed in the "Troops, Companies, and Armies" sidebar, and the latter is in the first paragraph of the "Troop Phase" section.

Q: A army consists of one to 5 company cards along with a Captain? The benefit to doing this is the more firepower in a battle and the ability to immediately remove domain markers in the hex they stop in?

A: Yes, and you can mobilize new company cards to an army (see the "Mobilization Phase", first full paragraph on p.8). Otherwise, they can only be placed on your city.

Q: Are the company cards in each Troop slot on your board visible to all players?

A: Yes, this is also in the "Mobilization Phase" rules on page 8, where it states that any player can look at a stack of company cards at any time, except during a battle.

I'm kind of lukewarm on the game myself, but I've only played one two-player game, so I'm reserving judgement until I've had at least one four player game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.