Eric Pietrocupo
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the rules, you should reshuffle only the stage 2 discarded cards when the event deck is empty.

This rule often creates situation where there is only 2-3 cards in the event deck after the reshuffling which in the end makes the game impossible to win.

Last time we played 2 games, we lost both games and we were not playing cooperative.

Resurgence of the dragonlords

When we played this quest, only 3 cards got reshuffled: Khorgard, phrynelex and Tzeitz.

Why? Because it's the only instant stage 2 cards. All other stage 2 cards are enemies which were still in play (because nobody could defeat them). So with only these 3 cards, players get a lvl 9 attack, a lvl 12 attack, or 3 damage. You probably realized that nobody managed to survive.

The monument

This one is even worst. only 2 cards got reshuffled: Change of season and hoarding dragon.

Now the first hoarding dragon made players lose all their reward cards. Most stage 2 enemies were still in play because nobody managed to defeat them, so only 2 cards get reshuffled. Bt the worst part is that getting these stage 2 enemies is actually useless now because you are going to lose it for sure every 2 turns because of the "Hoarding dragon" card.

So players needs to build their monument out of cold coins. Problem, only 1 player out of 4 had actually enough gold card (with 5 card) to build his monument. This would mean almost cycling through the whole deck by holding gold card with influence and hoping to immediately buy "gold 3" cards as soon as they are lost with "hoarding dragon" (works great if first player).

Else, it just makes the game impossible to win because the reward cards that you need to end the game are all gone and acquiring new ones is impossible (because you lose them).

--------------------------------------------------------------

The only solution to this problem would be that all stage 2 cards, even those in play (except rewards owned by players) get reshuffled into the deck. This would give player time to do certain things and prevent the bug where only the 2-3 same cards appears over and over again.

Else, or course, expansions with more cards for each event would be essential.

Did any of you experienced similar bugs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played the Monument scenario, but with the Dragonlords scenario, I'm not seeing the "bug" - it's meant to be hard, and if you aren't able to destroy the other enemies, it just means that you're not doing well. We've beat the scenario in multiplayer (and have come close in Solo). Really, it sounds more like a problem with the strategy being used to prepare for the events than a "bug" with the scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
This is in no way a bug. If you are encountering this situation your players are taking far too long to power up their decks. You need to play more games and learn to deckbuild quicker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Pietrocupo
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So the game must end before the cards get depleted?

Another question, about the cataclysm quest, if I understand correctly, the event cards never get reshuffled?

Because they say do not reshuffle stage 2 cards, so I assume that you reshuffle stage 3. But when the event deck is depleted, the game should end, so there should be no need to reshuffle?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
larienna wrote:
So the game must end before the cards get depleted?

Another question, about the cataclysm quest, if I understand correctly, the event cards never get reshuffled?

Because they say do not reshuffle stage 2 cards, so I assume that you reshuffle stage 3. But when the event deck is depleted, the game should end, so there should be no need to reshuffle?

Not necessarily, but if you are at the stage where there are oly a couple of cards in the event deck cycling and you can't kill any that are on the table it's almost inevitable that you will be killed off by the auto damage card before you can win.

Correct on cataclysm, no reshuffle needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
larienna wrote:

True, but there is a card that makes you reshuffle stuff in stage 3. You'll have to get rid of that one in order to end the scenario, and this is (just like in the Dragonlords scenario) not easy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.