Descent: The Sea of Blood» Forums » General

Subject: Healing during dungeon exploration rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Richards

Clinton
Iowa
msg tools
If heroes transport back to town through a glyph during dungeon levels, do they automatically reheal and get full fatigue? I know we did in the base game but I don't know now. Reading the guide, the Temple restocks have you pay money to heal wounds? So does that mean if a hero transports back to town, they only heal if they buy a healing potion or go to the temple and pay for healing?

Thanks for the help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stegner
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct, you only heal if you pay for it at the temple. To a max of their rating I believe (without checking the rules myself)
You can purchase pots from the store instead, but you have to choose which building you are taking your visit at when you teleport in. You can switch buildings onyour next turn if you want to just chill in town though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Williams
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
freedo5 wrote:

If heroes transport back to town through a glyph during dungeon levels, do they automatically reheal and get full fatigue? I know we did in the base game but I don't know now.

Heroes do not "automatically reheal and gain full fatigue" just by porting to town in the base game. You can declare a Ready action and then place a Rest order after porting to town in order to regain all fatigue in an area where the OL can't hurt you, but healing still requires you to buy healing potions or use some item, whether you're in town or not.

The only time a hero reappears in town with full health and fatigue is after he dies.

freedo5 wrote:

Reading the guide, the Temple restocks have you pay money to heal wounds? So does that mean if a hero transports back to town, they only heal if they buy a healing potion or go to the temple and pay for healing?

This statement is correct, in the advanced campaign. Also note that you still need to drink the healing potion, not just buy it. =P

Also, the "Ready Action/Rest/go to town" trick doesn't work in the AC game, since going to town is now something that replaces your declared action, not something you do as part of your declared action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Richards

Clinton
Iowa
msg tools
Buying the potions though, we're still limited to the retock limit for the week right? Example - Gafford has a restock limit of 5 for potions. Or with each time a hero transport's back to town during the dungeon exploration, can they buy more potions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Williams
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
freedo5 wrote:
Buying the potions though, we're still limited to the retock limit for the week right?

Correct, the entire dungeon is dealt with in the space of one game week, so you can only buy 5 potions from Gafford, ever, within a single dungeon. It doesn't matter how many times you port back to town.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Richards

Clinton
Iowa
msg tools
Thanks Stewi, that helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.