United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Okay so i set the game up for the first time last night, and it took longer than expected but that was no big cause i could my friend was REAL excited but he had a hockey game the next day at 7:00 in the moring. So he went to bed after the first turn. which i think we didnt even do a turn right. cry

Can someone explain the order tiles? ive read the rulebook many times and watched many vids. but can somebody explain a turn in the first scenario? Just the distributing an ordering of tiles is my problem.

So about the tiles
The colors dont mean anything in the first scenario, but the number on each of the 4 icons or choices do correct? if there was a knife with the number 4 on it. Does it cost 4 CP to activate it, and then could i put more on it to increase the amount of dice i roll? or can i spend up to 4 CP to have better attack.

Can you assign as many order tiles you want on the same guy? or only two? and when exactly do you turn the character card to a 90 degree angle? can somebody explain a turn of setting up your character? Please my gaming group depends on it

Can somebody explain a turn? not the movement part, i understand combat, and all the easy stuff its just this crap!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Stirling
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
moses beard wrote:
if there was a knife with the number 4 on it. Does it cost 4 CP to activate it, and then could i put more on it to increase the amount of dice i roll? or can i spend up to 4 CP to have better attack.

The latter. The numbers on the order tiles indicates the upper limits on what may be spent on that action. So you could just spent 1CP on that 4CP section of the close combat action and roll only the dice as indicated by the character and equipment being used. Or you could spend 2, 3, or 4CP and get +1, +2, or +3 additional dice to roll when performing that action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Tuijp
Netherlands
Volendam
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I believe it comes down to this:

- You can activate one character a round.
- You can reactivate a character only if all your other characters are already activated (engaged).
- Assigning an order tile to a character counts as (re)activating (unless you're interrupting, but thats scenario #2 stuff).

So in the beginning of your turn (not the round!) you pull up to 5 order tiles from the bag. Then, each round you assign one to a character (if you wish to do so).

Some important notes:
- It is possible to activate a character without assigning an order tile (and without spending any CP).
- You can use any one or more sections of a particular order tile as long as its spent on the character you (re)activated this activation round.

Hope I don't steer you wrong (if I do, surely someone will correct me immediately).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CycyX
France
Magny en Vexin
Val d'Oise
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You turn (tap) the card only when you activate a character for the first time : it's only a visual indication...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin C.
United States
Bethlehem
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
It is possible to activate a character without assigning an order tile (and without spending any CP).
- You can use any one or more sections of a particular order tile as long as its spent on the character you (re)activated this activation round.

Quick follow-up question to this:

Can I reactivate a character by just spending CP's on a previously placed order tile or do I have to place a new one on the character each activation to be able to use him?

Thanks,

Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Gadgaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can just spend CP's on a previously placed order tile.

On the other hand you can't place more than one order token on a character per activation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin C.
United States
Bethlehem
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
You can just spend CP's on a previously placed order tile.

On the other hand you can't place more than one order token on a character per activation.

Thanks very much for the super quick response.

Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.