Popular Tags: [View All]
Mexican Fury
United States
stanford
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hello,

Just played for the first time last night. So awesome! But there was a couple of things that confused us. First, If an armed ship (ie. scout) and a colony ship enter a unexplored hex in the 3rd turn together and it turns out to be a planet, can the colony ship still colonize the planet that turn? Or, because "exploration" is after "movement", the colony ship will have to wait till next round to colonize the planet? Second, if a miner picks up a mineral tile, then makes it back to a colony, can the miner drop off the mineral and then go back out to grab another mineral? I appreciate any help with this. Thank you very much for your time!

BW

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the colony ship can colonize a planet that was explored that turn IF the colony ship was moved in with the combat capable ship prior to exploring.

Generally a good strategy to move the colony ships with the scouts in your home system once you have found the single black hole.. since you know there is no danger of losing it.

BOb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Kidwell
United States
St. Louis area
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I could not find anything in the rules about the colony set up having to be the following turn after the colony ship and scout enter the planet containing hex. As for the miner, in section 6.7 it seems to imply the miner can go back out and collect more minerals after depositing its haul to a colony or homeworld. I hope that helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mexican Fury
United States
stanford
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sweet. Thanks for the help, all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Matecha
United States
Florence
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A miner can pick up a mineral the moment it moves into a hex containing a mineral OR it can pick up a mineral in it's own hex prior to moving out of the hex.

It can still only carry 1 mineral at a time of course.

I think what you are asking is:
Can a miner carrying a mineral move into a hex containing a colony, deposit the mineral and then move to a different hex in the same turn or must it stop to deposit the mineral?

Miners only move 1 unless they are on a pipeline so if all the hexes the miner moves through have pipelines it might be possible to do this.

The question comes down to:

Must a miner stop moving when it drops off a mineral?

I play it that no, a miner doesn't have to stop.

Also be aware that a newly formed colony (one where the colony ship marker is sitting on the planet but you haven't placed the 'colony 1' marker yet) may receive minerals as well.

If you moved a scout, a colony ship and a miner towing a mineral into an unexplored hex and flip over a planet you could colonize and drop off the mineral instantly!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mexican Fury
United States
stanford
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We only played the very first 2-player scenario (basic rules - no pipeline). So we knew that the miner could only move one space. My question was whether it could continue to move after it had dropped of a mineral (first turn - grab mineral, second turn - move to colony deposit, third turn - move again or stuck till next round?). But I did not know that you could drop off the mineral in the same turn that a planet was discovered when moving in with a scout/colony ship/miner. That is awesome (albiet kind of risky if you had not found the black hole in your system yet)! Thanks for the clarification, though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
YEs, the minor can move 3 times. So, you can move to a mineral. Move back to your colony with the mineral... once you are at the colony you drop it on the colony. Then in turn 3 you can move it out toward the next mineral. Perfectly legal.

BOb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Duby
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
mbmbmbmbmb
A lot of your questions can be answered in this document:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/70482/space-empires-4x...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.