Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Alonzo
United States
Eagle Mountain
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On page 23 of the rulebook, under the section "Working Together on an Adventure" it says that "The Hero draws a single Danger for all of them..."

How does this then impact the play for everyone involved with the adventure?

1. I believe that it clarifies that an involved Hero can choose to camp down, and can no longer impact the current adventure for the current round, but stays eligible for the Glory. If another player presses on, and ends up with a cliffhanger, does the camped player also share the cliffhanger condition?

2. If things go to a cliffhanger without anyone camping down, are all players subject to the cliffhanger? If the cliffhanger is failed, are all participating players on that adventure get KO'd?

3. If the 1st player on a cooperative adventure wins the 1st danger, and adds the danger token, then camps down, do the remaining Heroes get to draw another danger card?

4. If the 1st player creates a cliffhanger situation, does everyone on the same adventure have to wait until the next round to participate in possibly resolving it, or do they get to have a turn and attempt to resolve the cliffhanger during the same adventure round?

5. Also, I just read in the forums that on a cooperative adventure quest, everyone on the adventure gets a chance to pass the cliffhanger. So if the 1st person fails the cliffhanger, then the remaining players should have a chance to pass the cliffhanger? So the cliffhanger will only really fail if everyone on the adventure individually fails the cliffhanger? Or, does everyone on the adventure get KO'd as soon as the cliffhanger is failed on the 1st attempt, no matter who is attempting the test?

This section of the rulebook does not really clarify any of these situations.

Due to the confusion of these kinds of things, we got worked by the Villains. In a 4 player game, the Villains quickly got to 13 points, while the Heroes only had like 12 Fortune out of 40.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Smeltzer
United Kingdom
Leeds
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think your error is in assuming that each player gets a go in order at each danger, whereas by the rulebook the players choose one of them to attempt it, though the others can help by exerting.

habanero wrote:
1. I believe that it clarifies that an involved Hero can choose to camp down, and can no longer impact the current adventure for the current round, but stays eligible for the Glory. If another player presses on, and ends up with a cliffhanger, does the camped player also share the cliffhanger condition?

No, when a player camps down he collects any glory earned so far and plays no further part in the turn.

Quote:
2. If things go to a cliffhanger without anyone camping down, are all players subject to the cliffhanger? If the cliffhanger is failed, are all participating players on that adventure get KO'd?

Yes, and yes.

Quote:
3. If the 1st player on a cooperative adventure wins the 1st danger, and adds the danger token, then camps down, do the remaining Heroes get to draw another danger card?

Yes. Any of the players on the adventure may attempt a danger and the success counts for the whole group.

Quote:
4. If the 1st player creates a cliffhanger situation, does everyone on the same adventure have to wait until the next round to participate in possibly resolving it, or do they get to have a turn and attempt to resolve the cliffhanger during the same adventure round?

All players on the adventure who haven't camped down will be in the cliffhanger, so no.

Quote:
5. Also, I just read in the forums that on a cooperative adventure quest, everyone on the adventure gets a chance to pass the cliffhanger. So if the 1st person fails the cliffhanger, then the remaining players should have a chance to pass the cliffhanger?

No, no. One player will attempt the cliffhanger for the group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Robinson
United States
Neptune City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are all choosing to work on the adventure together, you need to eliminate using 1st, 2nd, 3rd, ect player wording. You all agree on who is going to roll for what skill tests. Success Markers are collected, if passed, by the Hero rolling against the skill test.

This is how I understand the ruling for this question.
1. No. If a Hero camps down, they can no longer taking part in any future adventures until there next turn. If an Adventure was failed after he camped, he would not be affected by the Cliffhanger. If all other Heroes failed the cliffhanger, The Hero that camped would be able to draw an Adventure card on his next turn unless he moves away. If on his next turn, the Hero decides to stay and continue to work together on the adventure that is no longer in a Cliffhanger, then he would have to decide to participate in the Adventure as a group again or go on alone. I don't believe you can jump into a Cliffhanger by choice if you had camped previously.

2. If you agreed to work together on this adventure then Yes, everyone is affected by the cliffhanger. By the ruling on page 23, I believe the ruling for Cliffhangers when working together is the same for adventuring, "Choose which Hero is going to make the test" regardless of whether it's on it's Danger side or Cliffhanger side. You agree on who will make the roll for any of the tests. If the Hero chosen to roll fails, then you all fail, only sneaking and escaping are rolled for separately. This isn't mentioned clearly in the rules though. If you had read this in the forums that each Hero rolls separately for Cliffhangers, then Each Hero would be rolling for themselves and only those who fail would be KO'd. I'm sure this isn't the case though.

3. If you agreed to work together on this adventure then Yes, The Heroes that camp would just not be able to take part in any other adventures until there next turn, if it's not completed already.

4. If you agreed to work on this adventure together then the cliffhanger affects everyone. You would resolve the cliffhanger on the following turn. Remember, everyone moves first, if you had agreed to stay and work on this adventure and you decided your friend was going to roll against cunning and fails, then the cliffhanger affects everyone. You can't decide after a fail to not take part.

5. This isn't mentioned in the rules. Each Hero rolls separately for Sneaking and Escaping, no mention of Cliffhangers. If this (the ruling in the forums) is the case then I believe it's referring to each player rolling for the Cliffhanger separately, and only those failing are KO'd I don't think this is the case though. I understand it to be 1 Hero rolls for the Cliffhanger.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Finazzo
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't think that the the rolls for Sneaking by the group were done individually. Each Hero chooses a number and the Search dice are rolled once with the results being applied to each hero based on their number pick. Thematically this allows the group to stick together (all choosing the same number) or split up (choosing different numbers).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you are right. There is just one roll for sneaking if they are together, and each player and pick their own number.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.