Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kirk Mathes
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up a theme deck for this game and several boosters so I could play with my nephews. I was looking through the rules for how to build your own deck, and it didn't seem to say anything about it, other than allude that you needed exactly 60 cards. I'm not sure if this is so, because playing against my nephew, he had a huge deck and said it was smart to have a big deck, because you lose if you go out of cards. But I couldn't find it where it said you HAD to have 60 in any building rules. Also I found no mention of a limit of cards with the same name or duplicates.

Does anybody know where I can find official deck building rules, or what sets include them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wiedewiet
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
Training field technicians at trade school level
badge
“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it."
mbmbmbmbmb
Decks must be exactly 60 cards, with max. 4 of same name cards per deck (basic energy excluded).

Check this document: http://www.warpcore.org/~chairmankaga/pokemon/rulebook.pdf

EDIT: O, and if you want the official rules, check this document: http://assets2.pokemon.com/assets/cms/pdf/tcg/rulebooks/Blac...

Deck building rules are covered on page 21.
Happy new year
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Mathes
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks mate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Sexton
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
60 cards is the regulation deck sixe for league play. we play with 60 cards but our decks are built enough to wherer we never run out of cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.