Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Andrews
United States
Aliso Viejo
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
I was surprised to find that I had no answer to this question when it came up -

When you suffer wounds, do you remove face-up life tokens first and once those are gone you remove face-down tokens?

Upon re-reading the rule in the suffering wounds section I then realized that I may have been really wrong in how I was playing:

"...Life tokens...[are]turned face DOWN and set beside the hero..."
Kind of implies that you ONLY lose face-up tokens! of course that can't be right, but imagine my shock!

I did see a comment by Richard on a question about the Rogue which implies that face-up tokens go first and then face-down.

But want to double check.

SoCal Doug

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bell
United States
Osceola Mills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Scythe!
badge
Life is not a game - games are life.
mbmbmbmbmb
When you suffer Wounds, you always lose unspent actions (face-up tokens) before losing spent actions.

This is addressed in the Official FAQ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Andrews
United States
Aliso Viejo
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
DrCrow wrote:
When you suffer Wounds, you always lose unspent actions (face-up tokens) before losing spent actions.

Thanks, I've been through the FAQ 3 times now! Better make it a 4th.
I only saw the part about the Rogue which implies this is true.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DougA wrote:
DrCrow wrote:

Thanks, I've been through the FAQ 3 times now! Better make it a 4th.
I only saw the part about the Rogue which implies this is true.

From the Defenders of the Realm: The Dragon Expansion FAQ:

Quote:
Heroes:
How do hero wounds work exactly, if they occur in the middle of the turn do you take
a wound from your unused actions? Or can you take them from a used action?
Example: A Dwarf has 5 hit points/actions and initiates combat with a Dragon General in his area (1 action used).
He fails to slay it and gets wounded for 4 damage - does he have 1 actions remaining or no actions remaining?
He would have no Actions, as damage is always removed from remaining actions for the turn first.
In most cases the Hero will take no wounds until after having spent all of their actions of the turn (Zealots and fighting
Generals are the exception) so if a Hero has 5 actions and spends 1 to move to a location with 3 minions, then spends 1
action to attack- missing on all dice, the hero has 3 actions left to attack again or leave the area. Only if ending their turn
with minions would they suffer damage.
Keep in mind, healed actions are not available on the turn you heal them - only the next turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Andrews
United States
Aliso Viejo
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ah Ha! The Expansion's FAQ - no wonder!

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.