Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
17 Posts

Commands & Colors: Napoleonics Expansion #1 – The Spanish Army» Forums » General

Subject: Santa Claus please! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Guillaume Gleize
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear Santa Claus,
I know that my humble little country is very far away from your home base and that you're very busy.
But doesn't any dwarf from your magic company can give me an aproximative date of delivery of the spanish expansion under my poor christmas tree?
TY in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Miller
United States
Fairmont
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last year was just as stressful, GMT waited till the last minute to release the core game. Now this year they miss the boat completely! I'm still waiting for the Spanish expansion!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Wallace
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, for what it's worth, no one chose to "wait til the last minute" on anything. You make it sound like deliberate actions against your interests. Sounds like a seven-year old.

Besides, G.G. will just change anything he gets within the first 20 minutes of opening the box and post his "variants and improvements" before he finishes reading the rules.

I think Santa intentionally passed his house by and gave it to the kid down the street.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Gleize
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like your kind Bill Wallace: cowards who sent their hate through posts because they couldn't do it in front of the man ... you zero!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Gleize
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
... and thank you for the happy new year, you great ambassador of the human beings!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The War Chief
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
BRING ME THE HEAD OF SETH NEMEC AND RIK FALCH!!!!!!
badge
In Memorial: Moose, my dog. B:? D:01/13/16. He died peacefully surrounded by those who loved him. You will be missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Bill, he just called you a "zero"! WTF?!?

Guess something got lost in translation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, G, he has a point. You were doing an awful lot of, "here are my ideas to make the game better" right after it came out. Didn't you post some things before you actually got the game?

Hope the postman is good to you soon. I only opened the box for the first time myself yesterday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Gleize
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TY Kevin.

It's sure that those first messages I made about the game were as sinceres as misunderstood. They may have look awfull and pretentious and I can understand that.

It's true that I was playing M44 and BCry for years with changes in the rules that most of my friends (and other players) appreciated. So my first reflex was to do the same thing with CCN.

But as I said later: this game is absolutely great and for the very first time in my life (with excepton of chess lol) I play a game FOLLOWING THE EXACT OFFICIAL RULES!

So you can understand that with my age and experience: it's impossible to stand and to admit the kind of agression I read. A guy I just don't remember (?) posting his hate on a single opinion posted a few months ago and that I allready changed ... WOOOW!

Anyway ... Happy new year & great battles for the rest of the gentlemen!

GG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Brillantes
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
This space left intentionally blank.
badge
One last tour here on the Death Star and I can retire. What was that noise?!
mbmbmbmbmb
As to the delivery date of C&C:N, Exp#1, mine had arrived and was here waiting for me prior to my redeployment from Afghanistan on 21 DEC. Santa was not involved, so lay no blame at his door.

I have no knowledge of the prior animosity of GG and BW, but I have to say that calling someone a coward for not getting on an overseas flight so as to say something negative to your face is a little excessive.

Here's hoping you both just 'forgot' to add your smileys.whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Gleize
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK Paul, if you think I was excessive ... I'm sorry.

But just admit that my first initial post was cool ... and that the post of Bill was not really ... how do you say ... "gentle"?

Absolutely no prior animosity with BW (even didn't know him before) ... that's the main reason of my surprise!

Come on anybody: just imagine you're in my place ... !?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Brillantes
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
This space left intentionally blank.
badge
One last tour here on the Death Star and I can retire. What was that noise?!
mbmbmbmbmb
GGleize wrote:
OK Paul, if you think I was excessive ... I'm sorry.

But just admit that my first initial post was cool ... and that the post of Bill was not really ... how do you say ... "gentle"?

Absolutely no prior animosity with BW (even didn't know him before) ... that's the main reason of my surprise!

Come on anybody: just imagine you're in my place ... !?!

Regardless of the relative cool-ness of your original post, on which I make no judgement, the problem for me is that BillW seemed to me to be comparing the person who replied to your post with a 7-year old, not you.

Combine that with the lack of prior argumentative history between you and BillW and your 'coward' comment seems to be out of proportion with BillW's insult (real or imagined).

I will leave it at that. Bonne chance avec (ou contre) vos soldats espagnol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
phd phdphd
msg tools
Looks like we have just avoided the first USA-France war in history whistle

This is January 3 and no Spanish Army expansion in sight yes (I'm in Paris). Hope we get it within the next couple of weeks...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Gleize
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No war dear phd: France is my mother but America is my father!
You can't imagine the way I love this country ... Maybe more than any average American citizen LOL!
Each time I land there ... wwwww ... standing hairs on arms, tears & emotions!
I hate the one of my ancestors who didn't catch the boat!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Gleize
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is January 3 and also no Spanish army expansion in sight (I'm in Tours, Loire valley, France).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guillaume,

I've been in your shoes before: a long wait to receive a P500 item weeks after it had gone out to subscribers. GMT was very good to me this year: I had both my expansions within two weeks after they were shipped.

What I tried to do was play and fuss over other games I already had in my collection that had not seen much play. Something to distract me so the arrival was a surprise.

I hope your games arrive soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Gleize
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TY for the support Brady.

As you say, I just noticed the delay but still enjoy the base game.
I agree with Richard Borg the creator: You can play a high number of battles of the same scenario and still have surprises!

Tonight it was Talavera:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel (working on TENNISmind...)
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
My first game: BASKETmind, a 5-on-5 basketball match
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't remember from previous experience, but I guess that if all pre-orders are shipped almost at the same time, the Europeans get them a few weeks later? How many?

I'm waiting for CCA:Spartans, that has been shipped at about the same time, and it seems that only US guys are getting it by now...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.