3 Posts

Forbidden Island» Forums » Rules

Subject: Pilot and Helicopter Lift card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Leaf

Washington
msg tools
I had a question regarding the pilot and his special ability. It is my understanding that he can only use his special ability once per turn, but I was curious if a Helicopter Lift card could be used after he uses the special ability meaning that he actually flies twice in his turn.

His 3 actions would be

Special ability - Shore - Helicopter lift - Shore

Basically, I'm wondering if the Helicopter Lift can be used between actions of a player.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the card in front of me... but doesn't the helicopter lift say that is can be used at any time and that it doesn't count as an action?

Thus... yes the Pilot can do what you described. Also, the Pilot doesn't have to be the player with the Helicopter Lift card to be the one that is using it. .. any player can use their lift card at any time for any player.

... at least that's what I remember about the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Fikes
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Eat2surf wrote:
I don't have the card in front of me... but doesn't the helicopter lift say that is can be used at any time and that it doesn't count as an action?

Thus... yes the Pilot can do what you described. Also, the Pilot doesn't have to be the player with the Helicopter Lift card to be the one that is using it. .. any player can use their lift card at any time for any player.

... at least that's what I remember about the card.

Dave is precisely correct. Using a Helicopter Lift card does not count as an action, so it doesn't count as using the Pilot's special ability (which applies to the movement action) when used on the Pilot's turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.