Subject: Stands for scoreboards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I didn't really do any DIY stuff, but I thought it would be really cool if I could mount the stands so they are upright and facing out rather than just face down. A lot of the time it's hard to see scores and it's a bit much always asking. Any idea what I could use to do this and where I could get it? Bonus if it doesn't clash too much with the aesthetic of the rest of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaret Morgan
United States
West Henrietta
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What about generic plastic stands? Something like at boardgamedesign.com?

http://www.boardgamedesign.com/pages/go_shopping/stands.htm

I just tried putting one on my scoreboard and it seemed ok.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks, do you think those will leave heavy indentations?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaret Morgan
United States
West Henrietta
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the scoreboard is pretty thick and even though the stand isn't "ridged", it is pretty tight so it would probably leave a mark. You are probably looking for something then like a scrabble letter tray, something you can lean the scoreboard against?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
carnifex218 wrote:
Well, the scoreboard is pretty thick and even though the stand isn't "ridged", it is pretty tight so it would probably leave a mark. You are probably looking for something then like a scrabble letter tray, something you can lean the scoreboard against?

That would be ideal yes. I don't even mind leaving little marks, but some elegant leanback would be nice and the less damage the better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Garramone
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AstroLad wrote:
carnifex218 wrote:

That would be ideal yes. I don't even mind leaving little marks, but some elegant leanback would be nice and the less damage the better.
If you go to a picture frame store or some related outlet, you should be able to find little "miniature" stands for pictures; You know, the kind that fold out into a standing split V with little hooks to keep the picture standing upright. My mom had some of these when I was growing up to display small pictures on end-tables and such. Good luck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
I use these:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.