Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kelly N.
United States
Richmond
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can Stabbins' Sly ability really allow him to exchange places with any other hero regardless of the distance away?

So here we were pounding away at the fat slob boss. Finally he goes down. Stabbins grabs the Summoner Stone and exchanges places with a wandering hero who was only a couple of tiles away from the entrance. Game over, Man! In this case the exchange amounted to a distance of about 12 to 15 tiles.

We allowed the easy win, but then temporarily house ruled it to say "exchange with a hero in an adjacent tile", put everyone back in position, then finished the game in a more satisfying manner.

We didn't want to invest 90 minutes of play time, only for it to end that way. yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Ike Clanton painted by me for Wild West Exodus
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, you definitely need all players to be aware of what his ability can do, so that he doesn't sneak that out on you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank S
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He is a sly one! I pick pocketed the Summoner stone off of Emma near the exit. This was also 'legal' as far as we could tell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thom Greene
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It was played right, sly will let you exchange to anywhere. Making it exchange to adjacent tiles only really makes it a weak power since you discard the power after you use it.

I used sly to win in a similar way. We let the magic user burn down the boss. After he killed it I swapped him onto a tile with the whole crew and let them fight it out. As they killed each other I strolled to the entrance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Bistro
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Sly win is legal, but once witnessed, shouldn't happen again. My favorite use of Sly was a game where Birodin got the stone, and Stabbins waited until Birodin got right up on the entrance, before Slying him back to the other players. The welcome back Birodin received was less than cordial.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Kernersville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How is Sly used if you are trapped with a monster? Do you have to escape first, or can you just play Sly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Bistro
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sly does not count as a move, so the heroes still switch places.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.