Brandon
United States
Christiansburg
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Play more Inis
mbmbmbmbmb
So I'm a bit confused when creating the building proposals decks. The rules say after you sort out the ticked cards, you shuffle them and deal out three equal sized decks. However, If I'm looking at this right, I can only do so in a 3 player game, as this is the only time all the cards have a plain tick on them. in the 4 and 5 player game, the sawmill is ticked, which leaves 29 buildings (not divisible by 3), and in the 1 and 2 player games, the cards removed also are not divisible by three.

Am I missing cards (unlikely, i checked them against the building overview sheet), understanding the rule incorrectly, or removing more/less than I should?

Confused!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon
United States
Christiansburg
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Play more Inis
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I think I figured out my problem. The marketplace starts in the building proposals deck, yes? That's what had me confused.

Sawmill and Black Market are each blank with "Start", but Marketplace has both ticks AND "Start".

What, functionally, is the difference there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Homan
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dark tick = long game
Hollow tick = short game
Dark "Start" = starting building for long game
Hollow "Start" = starting building for short game

If I remember correctly
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon
United States
Christiansburg
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Play more Inis
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I came to realize this, but my question is why does Marketplace have a tick + start on it in the first place when it's in the building proposals deck and not the starting town buildings.

Regardless, I played my first (and probably only) solo game pretty smoothly and managed to avoid any loans, totaling a final score of 219. Decent first a first timer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lanphear
United States
Stockton
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Neverfade wrote:
Yeah, I came to realize this, but my question is why does Marketplace have a tick + start on it in the first place when it's in the building proposals deck and not the starting town buildings.

Depending on the number of players and whether you are playing in a short or long game, some cards not designated as a "Starting Building" may start in the town already built.

In a solo long game the Marketplace will be part of the building proposal decks, as noted by the dark check mark.

In a solo short game the Marketplace will begin the game as part of the town as a starting building as noted by the unshaded "Start"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Neverfade wrote:

Regardless, I played my first (and probably only) solo game pretty smoothly and managed to avoid any loans, totaling a final score of 219. Decent first a first timer?

Although I can't speak to the solo game, loans are usually good. You don't want to avoid them in Le Havre.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon
United States
Christiansburg
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Play more Inis
mbmbmbmbmb
StocktonDave wrote:
Neverfade wrote:

Depending on the number of players and whether you are playing in a short or long game, some cards not designated as a "Starting Building" may start in the town already built.

In a solo long game the Marketplace will be part of the building proposal decks, as noted by the dark check mark.

In a solo short game the Marketplace will begin the game as part of the town as a starting building as noted by the unshaded "Start"

Ok, it took me going back and looking at the card, but I got it now. I was understanding the rule clear enough; "my" mistake was that, at least in my copy, the Dark Start and Light Start are not very different from each other in color. Yikes.

[quote]Although I can't speak to the solo game, loans are usually good. You don't want to avoid them in Le Havre. [/quote]

I wasn't ACTIVELY avoiding them, I just never needed one. But I'll keep that in mind in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.