Subject: When do advanced units come into play? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Michael Hickey
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We are about to start our first non-walkthrough game and I can't see how the gold backed advanced units are ever going to become available. Plenty of explanation about scuffling them into sepereate decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Once the brown tiles come into play, you'll alternate between the Elite (gold) and Regular (silver) units when you set up the offer each round. (Page 1 of the rulebook)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Michael Hickey
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally found a reference in walkthrough next games that pointed to one round of the day para 1g which said alternate elite units after revealing a core tile.

Respectfully suggest to include this in some/ all the sections about the unit properties which is a more intuitive place to find it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Hall
United Kingdom
Yate
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Look at paragraph 2c in the 'One Round of the Game' section of the Rulebook:

"If no core tile has been revealed deal Regular (silver backed) Units only. If at least one core tile has been revealed, alternate dealing Elite (gold) and Regular Units. (Elite, Regular, Elite, etc.)"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Kwasny
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I also seem to remember that you can pay 2 Influence points in the White City and then place an Elite unit into the offering. But I agree, it is easy to miss the rules about adding Elite units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Hurst
United States
Gastonia
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent question. Easy to overlook this rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Byrd
United States
Ocean Grove
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I missed this too, I made up a rule that 1 basic offer would be replaced by advanced for every revealed city. Not too far off actually.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.