Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Warhammer: Invasion» Forums » General

Subject: Will Bloodcycle fix Quests for Tourney play? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As a casual player, I was surprised to find out that in Tourney play, Quests aren't used. This seems like poor game design if a major core element can be safely ignored in such a way.

Also, has the focus on Developments from the Moorslieb cycle helped that portion in Tourney play? Or is it really all about get as many Heros out as possible and attack?

Jorune
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elijah Snow
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game has never been about getting as many Heroes out as possible, and I doubt it ever will be. And if you replace "Heroes" with "units", I'd still have to say that while rush decks can still be very successful, most decks focus on control. And some factions simply cannot pull off a rush at all.

Almost every competitive Dark Elf deck includes the powerful Offering to Hekarti quest. Empire used to rely heavily on the Visit to the Haunted City quest, which was so strong and game-warping it became the first card to be banned for tournament play. Dwarf Reclaim decks make great use of the Ancient Debts Repaid quest. Quests aren't in every competitive deck, but it's not at all like they're all useless.

How the next Cycle will affect the use of Quests is anyone's guess. Check out these news though:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=2879

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=2892

I'd say people use developments more now. Not so much because of the "bad things happen in a zone with no developments" supports from Omens of Ruin, these don't get played much. Mostly, it's defence against Judgement of Verena when playing against Empire, or feeding cards like Sorcerer of Tzeentch and Unleashing the Spell when playing Chaos. In my view, there's a good balance - there are good cards that require you to play developments, or make you benefit from them, but you're really not forced to play a development every turn every time you play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.