Subject: Scenario 7 - First four actions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
beresford dickens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
While the Americans move their third unit, our old friend Op Firing Artillery has Suppressed the unit I was planning to move as Unit #4. Is it now true that I can't select that unit as the fourth action because it could fail its MC?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McCormick
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No. Having a unit fail its morale check and flip to used would be fine for the purposes of the special rule, I should think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
beresford dickens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answer, Sean. I have just finished Scenario 7 and have ANOTHER question, though it is not directly related to the thread title.

Can the Germans win the game by clearing out the Victory hexes with Artillery after the Americans have occupied them? (The Americans were the last side to have a unit in the hex, but now that unit has been killed).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Smith
United States
Bel Air
MD - Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
beresford wrote:
Thanks for the answer, Sean. I have just finished Scenario 7 and have ANOTHER question, though it is not directly related to the thread title.

Can the Germans win the game by clearing out the Victory hexes with Artillery after the Americans have occupied them? (The Americans were the last side to have a unit in the hex, but now that unit has been killed).
since the victory conditions state that the Americans must have the only units in the hexes, if a squad is eliminated it no longer occupies and so German player wins. Just my take on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mbmbmbmbmb
Beresford and Jeff - You are right in that the way it is written it implies that, if eliminated by artillery, the Americans would lose. However, that was not my intention. The unfortunate wording in that scenario's victory conditions came from a situation where there was a melee in one of the victory hexes (where a unit on both sides survived) and I wanted to be clear that the Germans would win in that case.

The new wording will be:

The Americans win if they are the last to have units in or have the only units in hexes...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Smith
United States
Bel Air
MD - Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim Krohn wrote:
Beresford and Jeff - You are right in that the way it is written it implies that, if eliminated by artillery, the Americans would lose. However, that was not my intention. The unfortunate wording in that scenario's victory conditions came from a situation where there was a melee in one of the victory hexes (where a unit on both sides survived) and I wanted to be clear that the Germans would win in that case.

The new wording will be:

The Americans win if they are the last to have units in or have the only units in hexes...
Okay, I will make the change in my scenario book. Thanks for the clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
beresford dickens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We're getting there Jim. But you never answered the original question (this is what happens when you add to threads to minimise their number).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mbmbmbmbmb
Sean was right. You must attempt to use them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.