Dust Tactics» Forums » General

Subject: Axis Gorillas - Pics;) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marek L
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ok so these are those guys after a few days of painting ( i know it took forever but those are my first minis All opinion and advice would be nice
Happy New Year!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
snowdrop drop
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
If these are your first it is quite an achievement - wouldn't ever be able to do it myself even if I would be a newbie also...

They look good. What I'd do with them is to add some drybrushing to give the gloves and powercore on the back some "dirt" on them. They look brand new/clean, and I think you would gain much by making them look dirty and used instead. Shouldn't be hard, and is probably the more fun part of the process.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marek L
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I must say, i'm not a fun of "destroying" equipment and stuff It's avery common thing around DT players to give those minis a few brushes here and there but i think i will stick to shiny thing, but i'm thinking about applying badab black to the power thingy backpack, the blue seems a bit too happy as for a monkey-killer. What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
snowdrop drop
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
It will look way better when washed in black. Go for it.

Reason people tend to make stuff look worn/used in DT is because of the overall setting: It's rusty, it's low-tech-hi-tech, it's war! Stuff is patched together and used until it breaks or gets either stolen or blown up by the enemy

Most importantly: It's a kind of historical dystopia.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.