Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In the Living Rules, the Starting Display of 5 cards does not match the narrative nor the (correct) Starting Display version printed in the rulebook.

Also, the Turn 3 stack picture for the Dino-croc is labeled differently ("spiny"?) than in the rulebook, and it also shows a Size 1 AA card attached - this doesn't happen until Turn 13.

On Turn 19, the action is stated as Reveal a Card whereas in the Living Rules it is (correctly) noted as Purchase a Card.

Not to say that the Example-of-Play isn't helpful (Culling is explained rather well), but I really wish it was fleshed out more to give more particulars and to provide rules cross-references - this is a fascinating design, and I'm anxious to get it on the table (first game of the New Year).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justus
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve Carey wrote:
In the Living Rules, the Starting Display of 5 cards does not match the narrative nor the (correct) Starting Display version printed in the rulebook.

Also, the Turn 3 stack picture for the Dino-croc is labeled differently ("spiny"?) than in the rulebook, and it also shows a Size 1 AA card attached - this doesn't happen until Turn 13.

On Turn 19, the action is stated as Reveal a Card whereas in the Living Rules it is (correctly) noted as Purchase a Card.

Not to say that the Example-of-Play isn't helpful (Culling is explained rather well), but I really wish it was fleshed out more to give more particulars and to provide rules cross-references - this is a fascinating design, and I'm anxious to get it on the table (first game of the New Year).

They are extremely lucky to have designed a great game, because the rules are awful. They could have used a lot more diagrams and flowcharts for this bad boy.

Fortunately the guy at the con who I played with was extremely forgiving and patient and we muddled our way into a pretty damn good experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Also in the Living Rules, at the end of 3.5, the printed notation from the rulebook "Note: ignore the greenhouse shifts of volcanos that appear during set-up." is missing - is this rule still in effect?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
These mistakes are in the Living Rules only, not in the published version. I have corrected the Living Rules (Word Version) posted on the Megafauna Yahoo site, to correct all the mistakes noted here in the example and the missing note in 3.5d.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thnx Phil - the greenhouse/volcano setup exception is important to note, so glad to see that it's still in effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.