4 Posts

Days of Decision III» Forums » Rules

Subject: JA6: Japan in "limited war" with China rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Thorp
Sweden
flag msg tools
"I find that 'pinpoint' accuracy during a bombing run increases proportionally with the amount of munitions used."
mbmbmbmbmb
Does Japan get its MIL units when playing JA6? One difference between "limited war" and "war" is that Japan can only choose combined actions during the first 12 turns of the war. Are there any other limitations?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Nicholls
United Kingdom
Bakewell
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I believe so. It is at war with a MP so MIL units are available, the fact it is a limited war does not change this.

The only disadvantage of JA6 for Japan is the combined action restriction. The advantages (for Japan) are related to the reduced impact on US opinion compared to a full war.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Popovich
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Only 2 differences between full and limited war, here: so RES activate for example

1) Japan must take combineds until 12 turns are up or they are at war with another MP as well

2) Roll for US entry against Japan if using the DOD system is -1 against Japan forever (not just for the 12 turns)

Bill Popovich

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Thorp
Sweden
flag msg tools
"I find that 'pinpoint' accuracy during a bombing run increases proportionally with the amount of munitions used."
mbmbmbmbmb
billpop1 wrote:

2) Roll for US entry against Japan if using the DOD system is -1 against Japan forever (not just for the 12 turns)

Oh? Is it -1 forever? When playing with WiFFE US Entry (15.10, I think), it says that a power at war with a democrat gets an entry marker on a dice roll of 3 or lower, modified by -1 for each 3 turns it has been at war that minor. For the Japanese limited war, that number should be halved.

If I interpret that paragraph correctly, should not the numbers look something like this (pardon the horrible formatting). The number is what the US has to roll equal or below to be able to assign an entry marker to the offending power.

Turn Full war Limited war
1-3 3 2
4-6 4 2
7-9 5 3
10-12 6 3
13+ (Japan switches to 'full' war after 13 turns.)

Could you please confirm whether I should use the "limited war" column or just modify the number under "full war" by -1?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.