Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Hiske
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be great to see Ghenos come up with a course booklet of tracks which would be balanced for all types of riders. I love to come up with my own and at the same time it is tough when we are halfway or two thirds complete and some riders don't have much of a chance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kazaniecki
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, in cycling more often than not it's not about the balance, but rather about using that helper efficiently before he dies.

But if this is what you're looking for, I'm sure we could even come up with some kind of small BGG database of "courses for everybody" and find the ultimate equilibrium through a bit of play testing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hiske
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That would be awesome. I am hoping that this game is popular enough to come out with a nice published book, that would be sweet. Either way it is all good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Schiewer
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any courses yet for HotN?

I was thinking about trying to emulate this years TdF...what would a tile equal as far as figuring out distance?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kazaniecki
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
pa5t0rd wrote:

I was thinking about trying to emulate this years TdF...

Note that you're craving for the exact opposite: he wants total arcade (everybody equal), you want TdF = total simulation. (Not hating, just saying!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't TdF 2012 already done?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TH Jensen
Denmark
Aarhus C
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ive made my interpretation of the 2012 Tour de france. Ive tried to emphasize simulation of the stages “feel”, more than arcade play or that certain number of kilometers always needs to equal the same number of tiles/spaces.
However, since I own both the Giro d’Italia and Hell of the North, then Ive made the race up of tiles from both editions.
http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/80015/le-tour-de-france-20...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Schiewer
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gubban wrote:
Ive made my interpretation of the 2012 Tour de france. Ive tried to emphasize simulation of the stages “feel”, more than arcade play or that certain number of kilometers always needs to equal the same number of tiles/spaces.
However, since I own both the Giro d’Italia and Hell of the North, then Ive made the race up of tiles from both editions.

Awesome! I'll take a look at it. I too have both sets...cant' wait to check it out...Thanks for posting this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.