Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Patrick
United States
Northport
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys -- I'm making my own Camelot board, and I am indecisive concerning what shape the pieces should take.

As experts, what shapes would you find ideal?

I am learning woodcarving and I plan to carve at least the knights from basswood. But I cannot think of any "knight" shape besides the chess piece.

Anyway, give me your ideas for both!

Thanks! Looking forward to playing more of this excellent game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
Shield Shape?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In this file i made some time ago containing grids for abstracts, i included a Camelot board (page 14)

http://geoman100.tripod.com/gameboards_grid.pdf

It will save you time drawing your own!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're sufficiently artistic, then pieces like those from the All the King's Men version of All The King's Men would work well.

Otherwise, what set knights apart obviously from foot soldiers was the horse and the armor. A simple stylized helmet with a visor might work well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Patrick
United States
Northport
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zombiegod wrote:
Shield Shape?

I had thought of doing a shield, so I'll have to give it more consideration. Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Patrick
United States
Northport
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geo -- Thanks for the board!

I have actually already burned the Camelot design into a basswood board, but I much appreciate the link. I notice a few other abstract games in there that I have intentions of making one day, so this is handy.

Moshe -- I do like that design; the helmet especially. My board's spaces are only 3/4 inch squares, so I will have to experiment to see what design fits into that space comfortably, as well as what design I can easily carve eight times. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.