6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Looking for good Traitor game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darius Blackwell
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi guys Im doing research on the psychological traits that make for a good deception expert. I need a board game that uses traitor mechanic. One that puts random player in a role of agent that tries to foil the plans of other players. I think Battle Star Galactica is a good example but i just need MOAR games - they can be easy or uncomplicated but list all that you can remember. Im going to start my project around holiday time so ill post some reaserch data on a special blog - If anyone would be interested in taking a part in such reaserch I'll think of some electronic version of tests.

Thx ahead and LOVE this site - made me go from figures to board :*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Battlestar Galactica is a good start and here are a few more:

Shadows Over Camelot
Saboteur
Werewolf
The Resistance
The Thing
Panic Station
Betrayal at House on the Hill (2nd edition, some haunts)

Bang and Shadow Hunters don't have a hidden traitor, however have hidden roles, so there is some deception there.

Fury of Dracula, Scotland Yard, and Mr Jack all have some deception in them, too, however they're more investigators vs criminals/hunted.

Negotiation games (Lifeboats, Diplomacy, Dune, I'm the Boss, Bootleggers, Intrigue, etc) all have deception when someone backstabs another player, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virre Linwendil Annergård
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Forza Bajen!
badge
... and still sober
mbmbmbmbmb
Resistance
Shadows over Camelot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italian Seismologist
United Kingdom
norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
[The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was not convincing people he didn't exist, but convincing them that he was God.
mbmbmbmbmb
Diplomacy sort of.. there will be a lot of treachery involved..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Darien
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are You the Traitor?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Theiler

Madison
Wisconsin
msg tools
If you wanted to branch off to try an easy card game, you could try Are you a Werewolf? Though they make decks specific for it, you can use a standard playing card deck.

http://www.wunderland.com/LooneyLabs/Werewolf/About.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.