1 Posts

1st & Goal» Forums » Reviews

Subject: What a game! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Williams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hello football fans. Just an update of the re-match between my Wife and me. Let me just say that the game was very back and forth with 3 turnovers, a decision to go for it by my wife with a Qb sneak instead of kicking the field goal (although to be fair, it was a long way out, though makeable) In the first half my wife (Milwaukee Monsters) chose to receive the ball and decided to return it. Due to breakaway rolls she made 43 yards. From there she marched down the field to score a Touchdown. I was playing the Knoxville Knights so my defense actually couldn't tackle on some of the plays. She then kicked off to me and so I decided to return it. Great decision that turned out to be as I made 35 yards before turning the ball over. Shades of our first game flitted about like dark shadows. Thankfully, I managed to hold her to a field goal. After making a first down on the ensuing possession then handing it over, my wife then turned the ball over and I turned it into a touchdown on a 35 yard pass (I needed 32 and my wife rolled -2 for defense)
Kicking off to my wife, she again decided to return it and managed 74 yards! I did manage to hold her to a field goal again so at the half it was 13-7 to the Milwaukee Monsters.
The second half involved me taking the ball away and getting another touchdown with the game going to and fro consisting of penalties,numerous chances for turnovers, massive yardage plays being broken up and, of course, my wife trying to sneak it and failing. The final score was Knoxville Knights 14-13 Milwaukee Monsters.

My Thoughts...
Really was not sure what to put this under but I thought I'd use Review, as I want to speak about the expansions. They are a worthwhile addition to this game and the reason why is that I found myself being a little more tactical. Why? I hear you ask. Well, as I knew my wife was good at passing I tried to use defensive plays that had more chance of her using the running dice, even if she chose to use a passing play. And getting in front meant I could be less precise as dropping back in coverage meant if she used passing plays, She wouldn't have as many dice to use for yardage but running the ball would force her to burn another card hence more time, even though she may get the first down. So knowing what team you are playing helps. This makes you feel that you ARE using a strategy that you wouldn't normally have used so enhances the game. So my advice is, if you are unsure about getting expansions as you don't know if they would be worth it, get them because they truly are. After playing with them, this game hs increased in fun for me and I am so tempted to give it a 10/10.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.