Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
And I do it well.

I played Emergence with two COGs and won. It wasn't an easy win, but I did it. Since then victory has slipped through my fingers like sand through an hour glass. First I played Belly of the Beast solo with one character. First time wasn't even close. The next two times I was almost there, I could see victory, I could taste it, like on honey on my lips. Each time a pack of Wretches took me down. It always went something like this: I had zipped past three or four Wretches (yes, I should have killed them, but I was on the "let's get the hell out of there as fast as possible" plan). They were eating my dust, nine or ten spaces behind me. Then there would be that series of cards that would hit: move locusts to within 4 spaces of the COGs, and then draw another card that would be, if within 4 spaces, move 3 spaces. And before I knew it a pack of Wretches were tearing my throat out. Game over.

And death would usually occur like this: I would have 4 cards in my hand, I'm safe, right? I would get attacked and spend a defend card, roll three defend dice and get nothing and then I would take 4 wounds, game over.

And right now I'm playing four COGs solo in Scattered, and 3/4 of the way through between all 4 of them I have a total of 2 cards am I gonna make it? Brother, I can only pray.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No No No Sheep
Russia
St Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
single CoG is a bit hard on later missions.. try duo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy CHAN
Hong Kong
Tseung Kwan O
New Territories, HK-SAR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found that 2 COGs are easy to play in this game. It is hard to win for using 4 COGs figures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Nguyen
United States
Wallingford
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Everytime I lose at Gears it's always mere inches away from a Victory. It's getting somewhat unbelievable for me, but I still love it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike NZ
New Zealand
LOTR
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just getting into my copy - finally...reading rules...real life has been full on etc... setting up 1st scenario...but what is it, that u guys think, gives this game great game play??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.