Subject: How do a round goes? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Steenbjerg
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am not quite sure how a round goes. I would be glad if someone would give me a helping hand.

First I take a cube and place a paying piece. But what happens when I have placed all the playing pieces? There is still cubes left on the board, but du I just take them without placing a playing piece, move one of my pieces or do the round end?

Second:
If I chose the family spot do I need to place a playing piece there or do I just take the cube. Can I play the new family member in the same round as I get him/her.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, everyone keeps taking cubes in turn until there are no cubes left on the board. You place workers on some spots, but not on others (for instance, the marriage doesn't require you to place a worker, just to take one, and then he's available immediately).

Basically, you take a cube every turn (unless you give up 3 of a kind, in which case you don't take a cube), but only place a worker on some of your turns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Er
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
i havent played the game, but from what i have read from the rules, not all actions require a worker to be placed

as mentioned, the marriage action requires no workers.
also i believe under the crafts, if you pay to produce a good, no worker placement is required

and the market day action also does not require any workers.
so they are actions that require goods ( that you are collecting ), and actions that require your family members and alot of time.

so during each turn, you do have a few choices to make, esp regarding time control ( or lack thereof, haha )

i am hoping to be able to try this sometime, if i can ever find a copy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. Also, some actions have the worker placement as optional: for travel, you can place a new worker to explore the world, or have ones previously placed continue to travel. Same for politics (add a new worker, or maniuplate your previous ones).

Also, in some cases, you just take the cube and don't do the action at all, because you don't want to devote resources to that action, you just need that cube. Doing the action is always optional, except for the market.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edgars Zakis
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the misunderstanding comes from comparing Villager with other worker placement games. The basic idea is such - the only thing you must do durng your turn each round is that you have to take the cube. And then you can choose to use the action.

If you don't use the action then of course you do not put any of your workers on the field.
If you choose to use the action then you might have to put one of your workers on the field, but that depends on the action space:
* spaces that may or may not require worker palcement - travel (of course you have to put yout first traveler but afterwards he just wanders around), council (you may add new members or act with the ones already standing there), crafts (4 of 5 crafts buildings can be used either by worker placement or without it - depeneds whether you want to spend time or influence cubes), church (if you want a new family member in church, then you have to put it there, however afterwards you may just move it forward);
* spaces that don't require worker placement at any time - market, grain harvest, family, well.

To answer your second question then yes - there are no restrictions why you couldn't use your new family member in the same round.

Hope it helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Steenbjerg
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the answers. They helped me very much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.