Hide
7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Board Game Art and Graphic Design

Subject: Custom Game Piece Design rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Smaka
msg tools
Does anyone need custom game pieces? I can create various figures based on your guidelines. You can see a sample of my work here. I work mainly in abstract designs or vehicles but I am willing to try other items.

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/stc_limited?sg46764%5BsortCol...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Vitek
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you by chance set up a sprue for the dragon meeples?

I want to grab a sprue and see how the quality is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wallace
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately I'm not really a fan of the materials Shapeways use, their prints come out with lines and there's a chance they'll ship it to you covered in wax. :|

There are other rapid prototyping companies out there, some of the more private ones produce far better quality work for the same price if not cheaper, tbh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Vitek
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the downside to 3D printing.

My 3d printer is coming in April.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wallace
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don't specify the amount of detail you want and just request a specific material, they're going to produce it as quickly as possible with the lowest dpi.

I've also never had printing lines and wax on prints outside of Shapeways.. Shapeways' detailing is 0.3mm and they've boasted the ability to get 0.1mm.

I stopped printing with them, I typically use Moddler.com, which prints at 0.016mm.

Sorry, I don't mean to berate Shapeways, but they're mostly used for quick large prints, the environment isn't right for mini's.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Smaka
msg tools
Kilarai wrote:
Unfortunately I'm not really a fan of the materials Shapeways use, their prints come out with lines and there's a chance they'll ship it to you covered in wax. :|

There are other rapid prototyping companies out there, some of the more private ones produce far better quality work for the same price if not cheaper, tbh.

I have never had a problem with their work, and I haven't really found any other 3d printer companies online.

What sites have you found other then moddler? I wouldn't mind checking them out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jandome Schryvers
Belgium
Bilzen
Limburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hope one day in the far future I will own my own 3D printer...
Looking forward to doing my own mini's then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.