Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
1. What happens to normal overlords (i.e. those without a turn cost) after they're used? Are they discarded like the ones with upkeep?

2. What happens to discarded overlords? Do they get reshuffled if you run through the deck?

3. Do you need to pay an overlord's turn cost the turn you take it? Can you use a "turn cost" overlord's ability the turn you take it?

4. My understanding is that there are basically three kinds of overlords. Those with a turn cost, those whose abilities are used immediately when you take them, and those with abilities you hold onto until you decide to use them. Is this accurate?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Newman
United States
Wantagh
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmor wrote:
1. What happens to normal overlords (i.e. those without a turn cost) after they're used? Are they discarded like the ones with upkeep?

2. What happens to discarded overlords? Do they get reshuffled if you run through the deck?

3. Do you need to pay an overlord's turn cost the turn you take it? Can you use a "turn cost" overlord's ability the turn you take it?

4. My understanding is that there are basically three kinds of overlords. Those with a turn cost, those whose abilities are used immediately when you take them, and those with abilities you hold onto until you decide to use them. Is this accurate?

I think it's probably best to answer these out of order.

2) all discarded Overlords go the bottom of the Overlord deck. The deck is only shuffled once, before the game begins.

3) Turn costs are payable only on subsequent turns (turn costs are payable before you roll the dice and you have already rolled the dice to purchase the services of the Overlord).

4) There are only two kinds of Overlords, those with turn costs and those with no turn costs. Of those without turn costs, you may elect to use the Overlord's power at anytime, including immediately.

1)yes, they are discarded to the bottom of the Overlord deck (see #2).

Hope this is helpful. If you have any other questions, I'll be happy to answer them.

Regards,

Alan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Newman
United States
Wantagh
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The extra white die is not supposed to be in the box. The rules clearly state 1 white die in the components.

This might be serendipity. I am trying to design a two player version and the extra white die is part of my focus (we'll see).

Regards,

Alan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
Al Newman wrote:
The extra white die is not supposed to be in the box. The rules clearly state 1 white die in the components.

This might be serendipity. I am trying to design a two player version and the extra white die is part of my focus (we'll see).

Regards,

Alan

Ha, I completely forgot to ask about the white die (aside from mentioning it in my subject). Good catch.

So does everyone have an extra white die, or did I just luck out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Newman
United States
Wantagh
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmor wrote:
Al Newman wrote:

Regards,

Alan

Ha, I completely forgot to ask about the white die (aside from mentioning it in my subject). Good catch.

So does everyone have an extra white die, or did I just luck out?

Not sure, but everyone I know of has an extra white die, so it seems likely that's the case.

Regards,

Alan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.