Popular Tags: [View All]
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Combat Commander, Up Front, Fields of Fire, Cats were once worshipped as gods and they haven't forgotten this, The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzy┼╝ Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
Love, love, love this game.

Congrats to Uwe for delivering yet another hit game to his ever-growing legion of fans. I picked up the game at my FLGS (J&J in Waterloo) a few days before the New Year and have got four games in and am simply amazed at how well the mechanics and fog of war work (and the map and art? gorgeous). It's a brilliant design and I look forward to future titles in the series. I'd like to see a tactical-scale game with these mechanics.

My one complaint? I managed to rip one of the box top corners by letting part of the heavy map slip from my hands onto it. It's the only game box in my collection that's damaged (and I have 30+ year old games on my shelves) due to my dexterity, yet the cardboard for the box is far flimsier than most other games. Sad, but I wish the box had used a heavier stock of cardboard and better edge sealing. Oh well, it's a brilliant game none-the-less.

Bravo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Wall
United Kingdom
Ormskirk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Somewhat puzzled by your one complaint about this superb game i.e. the quality of the box.

It seems very similar in quality to those of my Worthington Games and many of my GMT and Lock and Load boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Use cloth tape to reinforce the corners. If the box is flimsy you can also cut a piece of cardboard and glue it to the bottom.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Combat Commander, Up Front, Fields of Fire, Cats were once worshipped as gods and they haven't forgotten this, The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzy┼╝ Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, hardly a complaint ... just wish the box had been heavier stock. The game is still superb. Maybe it's my unusual dexterity that I should be complaining about. My GMT ones are much much heavier stock (Twilight Struggle and Combat Commander boxes, for example). I agree the Worthington box is flimsier even than this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddy Dekker
Netherlands
Friesland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Poor box? cause it got damaged when you dropped the map on it????

Honestly now, that map is heavy enough to crush any box.

I bet if you'd drop it on your foot you'd be in plaster for weeks.

It's not the box that is bad quality, instead you should complain about the board that is to heavy.

As a matter a fact this game should come with a special aids to lift it fromth at box.
Enough to take your back out, this beast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.