Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Larry Buckel
United States
Whittier
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since resources are limited and will be tight in a 5 player game, I wondered if the number of cubes should be adjusted to keep this limit fair in games with less than 5 players. Any advice? I thought to remove 4 cubes of each color in 2 player games, 3 cubes in 4 players as a starting figure. I have only played 2 player so far and didn't see any shortage of cubes at all. Just wondering how I can create this tension found in the full 5 player game. Any suggestions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Wong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The resource problem mostly appears in a 5 player game. Also, for normal players, they would try to minimise their hoarding of resources as gaining VPs means an earlier position in subsequent turns. This may not be evident for 2 player game.
In short, I strongly recommend playing this game with 4 players ONLY as 1. Turn sequence is important; and 2. there could be resource lack, but won't last for more than 1 turn.

p.s. there is 1 abnormal way of playing Florenza (mentioned by Seth Jaffee?), in which a player deliberately hoarding a single resource (most likely marble) and only releases them in the last turn. This way he could earn the large points by those big buildings and most likely win the game, but would definitely spoil the enjoyment of all other players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Groppi
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
We think that is not necessary to reduce the amount of resources during a 4 or less players game. This beacuse it is more difficult collect a large amount of one single resource due to the fact that there are normally less workshops in play. So, we don't want to add another difficulty, especially in a 2 players game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Buckel
United States
Whittier
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your advice Stephano. We are impressed with this game and look forward to many plays this year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.