Subject: Two 6 trains rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Lake
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 29 of the rules says that there should be only two 6 trains in the base and classsic games. Looking at the train cards, that seems to be the case, but they are printed weirdly. The C&O Canal Company, which has no star, and thus should not be used, as a 6 train on the back with a star. One 2 trian has a 6 on the back with no star and another 2 has a 6 with no star and the scenario letters DRG (or did the DR&G railway ship in a narrow guage engine). So it appears that two 2 trains are to be tossed when they go obsolete and the Canal Company gets to provide the second 6 train. (One 2 train actually has a 6 on the back with a star on it - must have been an error.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If there are 3 6-Trains with a start, I think it is because the original rules allowed for an optional 6-Train.

Although, I am too lazy to go look at my copy I will take your word for it there are 3, but I though there were only 2. I didn't find it a bit weird that one of the 6-trains on the back of a 2-Train didn't have a star on it.

BOb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Original 1830 had two 6Ts with an optional third.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blorb Plorbst
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
I think we're all bozos on this bus.
mbmbmb
The way they double printed was weird and a bit confusing at first but we just grab 2 6s from what ever is rusted and don't fret over the markings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.