The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: The Screaming Eagles Deck, Part II rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Hawk
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
For the past couple of weeks I have been trying an eagle-ally tactics deck. It has preformed fairly well in cooperative play, but I feel that it can perform better. I am just not sure how yet. I have realized that Legolas is a killing machine with the Blade of Gondolin amd a Support of the Eagles. In the last few games he has helped in questing quite a bit. The draw back to the deck is the cost of the eagles. I have to give up turn 1 in paying for items to have enough saved up for turn two to pay for the allies. My second core set came in this weekend, so below is my revised deck. I think it is much more streamlined how with the additional core cards:

NOTE: The Born Alofts are for Gandalf to return him to my hand, but I am not sure if they should be taken out or not yet. I also removed Thicket of Spears and To the Eyrie because of costs and lack of resources to play those cards.

As always, your comments are very much appreciated!

HEROES

Gimli
Legolas
Thalin

ATTACHMENTS

3 x Born Aloft
2 x Horn of Gondor
3 x Blade of Gondolin
3 x Dwarven Axe
3 x Support of the Eagles
3 x Citadel Plate

EVENTS

3 x Meneldor's Flight
3 x The Eagles are Coming
3 x Blade Mastery
3 x Feint

ALLIES

3 x Vassal of the Windlord
3 x Winged Guardian
3 x Eagles of the Misty Mountains
3 x Descendant of Thorondor
3 x Landroval
3 x Gandalf
3 x Radagast

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
snailien
United States
DeKalb
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
How well does Radagast work for you? I built an eagles deck and didn't put him in because I felt like he would just slow it down even though his ability is suited entirely for eagles.

If resources are a problem, I guess Radagast would help in the long run, but I would consider replacing one Landroval for another Horn of Gondor if it becomes too much of an issue.

Have you tried using Boromir? He makes extraordinary use of Support of the Eagles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Bredfeldt
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
I like this deck, and I am sorely tempted to make it and see how it handles all the quests. I'm not so sure if I have the courage to build a deck without including my girlfriend, Eowyn. Or, for that matter, my boyfriend(?) Boromir.

Still, an awesome looking deck, very appealing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave D
msg tools
I do wonder if a deck like this could work well solo, with some songs of kings plus celebrian's stone and a dunedain's quest or two, steward, and sneak attacks to get cheap Gandalfs for questing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hawk
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
kurahoshi wrote:
I do wonder if a deck like this could work well solo, with some songs of kings plus celebrian's stone and a dunedain's quest or two, steward, and sneak attacks to get cheap Gandalfs for questing.

The deck does not work well in solo play. It was built to work with my two friend's decks (spirit/leadership and lore).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.