Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Monte Southwell
United States
Valparaiso
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am now able to buy War of the Ring 2nd edition but I notice it is out of stock online at many places...do you all think they will restock?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ValpoMan wrote:
I am now able to buy War of the Ring 2nd edition but I notice it is out of stock online at many places...do you all think they will restock?

It's still in stockat Funagain Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
ValpoMan wrote:

I was just at this store in Charlottesville, Virginia:

http://www.thegameplace.com/
(434) 984-1040

They had a new in shrink copy of the game. You could contact them and see if they'd be willing to ship it to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn von Knorring
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
The picture is a swedish cartoon-figure Herman Hedning. English info here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herman_Hedning
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out ebay.com & amazon.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
timewellspentgames.com still has 4 copies available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
I would expect now that its all been set up again this will likely be around for a bit - a second run should the first really be gone so quickly.

On a related note, has anyone seen the upgrade kit in stores? I've not seen that yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
apotheos wrote:
I would expect now that its all been set up again this will likely be around for a bit - a second run should the first really be gone so quickly.

On a related note, has anyone seen the upgrade kit in stores? I've not seen that yet.

Not necessarily. The designer was saying it's a very expensive game to produce & print, and it requires printing at a relatively high quantity, so I don't think they would do a second print run at the drop of a hat.

I had read that there were some issues with the upgrade kit that meant they would be available later than the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
apotheos wrote:

When I stopped in at The Compleat Strategist in Falls Church, VA last week, they had the game in store, but had not received any upgrade kits to date.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K
United States
Colorado Springs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Snake1 wrote:
timewellspentgames.com still has 4 copies available.

And for only $58, I might add. I just got mine from there, and it was well worth driving all the way up from Colorado Springs for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Delinck
United States
Hobart
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There was a second shipment of games which included the upgrade kits and card tins that just arrived at distributors according to Ares. I've been following it since I pre-ordered the card tin along with the game from CSI, and they don't ship until all items have been received.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Fenrick
United States
Yukon
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DFu4ever wrote:
There was a second shipment of games which included the upgrade kits and card tins that just arrived at distributors according to Ares. I've been following it since I pre-ordered the card tin along with the game from CSI, and they don't ship until all items have been received.
So if I'm reading this correctly, there will be a new stock of games to hit shelves in the next few weeks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Delinck
United States
Hobart
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There should be, as the Upgrade Kit and non-upgrade Tin haven't hit shelves at all yet and they were shipped with more copies of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.